Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Final: curb your enthusiasm.

The Grand Final: curb your enthusiasm.

If anyone else is enthused enough about the game to write a preview, please do so. While I'll watch it, I have no idea who to cheer on.
    I was getting enthused about the possibility of them playing in the sort of Queensland thunderstorm, that causes the abandonment of the final session of test matches and leaves a carpet of hail on the Gabba surface. But alas, the latest forecast has the severe storms staying inland, with only showers reaching the ground. Oh well.
    When does the preseason start?

Veterans List
    Cats for me. I'll be watching and cheering on Geelong. I hope they smash the arrogant Tigers and their arrogant coach. As a Victorian based fan all my life so far, this goes back to the 60's when I despised Richmond. They were dirty as and did I mention arrogant?! Let's not even talk about their fans!

Add to that, I've always had a soft spot for Geelong (relatives who are fans) and it's .... Go Cats!! Fitting way for "The Little Master" to go out.

Main hope is that it's a cracker of a game.

Yeah I feel really ‘ ho hum’ about the game. GF day is normally my fav day of the year, big party with all your mates etc. obviously not the case this year for a Melbourne dweller, and the night thing I can’t get around. Much prefer Geelong as a team but have a big reason to barrack against them as a person in my social circle that I strongly dislike is a big fan and I couldn’t stand them getting the joy of a premiership. Tough situation. Hopefully an excellent game and that’s it !

Bring on trade week / draft !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I hate them both.

Dimma is a knob for what he did to us earlier in the year, and I couldn’t cop the wankfest that’ll happen if Ablett wins.

A player getting COVID just before they play and the game being cancelled is the ideal outcome.

Senior Player
    Cox Plate tomorrow. I'll be hoping to continue my good form after a nice win on the Caulfield Cup last Saturday.
    Footy? Tomahawk pushes three Richmond defenders in the back marking a dodgy high contact free kick to Joel
    Selwood and kicks the winning goal after the siren after kicking six consecutive behinds earlier in the game.
    Damian Hardwick spontaneously combusts in the coaches box and his ashes are swept away prematurely by
    an over officious Gabba cleaner wanting to finish his shift early and not miss the last bus home.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I hate them both.

Dimma is a knob for what he did to us earlier in the year, and I couldn’t cop the wankfest that’ll happen if Ablett wins.

A player getting COVID just before they play and the game being cancelled is the ideal outcome.
    Wow, that’s a novel idea, bit extreme but .

I hate them both.

Hahahah! I actually had this thought as well !

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Cox Plate tomorrow. I'll be hoping to continue my good form after a nice win on the Caulfield Cup last Saturday.
    Footy? Tomahawk pushes three Richmond defenders in the back marking a dodgy high contact free kick to Joel
    Selwood and kicks the winning goal after the siren after kicking six consecutive behinds earlier in the game.
    Damian Hardwick spontaneously combusts in the coaches box and his ashes are swept away prematurely by
    an over officious Gabba cleaner wanting to finish his shift early and not miss the last bus home.
    Open for tips, definitely more keen for the cox plate than the covid cup.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Open for tips, definitely more keen for the cox plate than the covid cup.

Will let you know a suitable "investment strategy" in the morning. If I start looking at the field too closely
    now, whoever I pick will be jinxed. Gotta stick to my day of the race "system". It's worked one race in
    a row so far.

I hate them both.

I think that’s the best outcome...

or a very small asteroid striking the coaches boxes at the Gabba. The GF being called off out of respect for the loss of two of the “greatest” coaches of the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Will let you know a suitable "investment strategy" in the morning. If I start looking at the field too closely
    now, whoever I pick will be jinxed. Gotta stick to my day of the race "system". It's worked one race in
    a row so far.
    I’ll take that

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast