Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The guernsey is changing

pr. dim-melb; m not f

The guernsey is changing

There is a move afoot to change the logo on the guernsey.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...06-p56c4k.html
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    "The club spokesperson also said there will be no change to the Swans' guernsey, which has had the 'feathers' design at its heart since 1987."

I like it. I like the more prominent swan and just saying "Sydney" instead of "Sydney Swans". I much prefer the swan itself - appropriately fierce looking. I like the prominent reference to 1874 (although see the history thread for whether this is the correct year for the club to be marking our inception - possibly should have been earlier). I appreciate the subtle homage to the formerly more prominent Opera House imagery. I'm not sure about the change in the red tone. Also, not sure about the font for the "SYDNEY" text. Overall, a thumbs up from me.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Confirmed by the club......

A new chapter - YouTube

Well that explains why we finished 16th this year, which was also 2 years in the making. Maybe Tom Harley was a bit distracted with more important things. I don't care all that much about our logo, but 2 years in the making? You could have given that assignment to a school kid to do in 5 minutes.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Well that explains why we finished 16th this year, which was also 2 years in the making. Maybe Tom Harley was a bit distracted with more important things. I don't care all that much about our logo, but 2 years in the making? You could have given that assignment to a school kid to do in 5 minutes.
    Maybe there are other brand changes which will be unveiled.

But whatever. I like it.

Senior Player
    I just watched the YouTube clip - yes, apparently some other things announced on 19 November.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Confirmed by the club......

A new chapter - YouTube
    I wonder what the additional exciting things to come are? And perhaps they need to update the logo on the YouTube Channel now?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Swans website: A new chapter
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Also, not sure about the font for the "SYDNEY" text
    It's a bit "Crown Resorts" isn't it. Aside from that, I don't mind it.

Veterans List
    The Swan looks vaguely familiar from pre Sydney days. If so it wouldn't have been too hard to cut and paste.

Yes, I hope that whoever designed the logo, didn't get two years worth of wages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast