Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 pre-season training

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Is it concerning anyone how far ahead Robbie Fox was ahead of the next best in the time trial?
    Interesting point but he was only competing against the junior players and he is one of our best runners. I do think Stephens result is a bit disappointing though. I wonder if he's fallen a bit out of shape? Or been focusing on weights instead of running?

Heeney and Naismith were other senior players present - at least I think that's Heeney with the shock of blond hair congratulating Fox - it doesn't quite look like him but I don't think there's anyone else it can be.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Interesting point but he was only competing against the junior players and he is one of our best runners. I do think Stephens result is a bit disappointing though. I wonder if he's fallen a bit out of shape? Or been focusing on weights instead of running?

Heeney and Naismith were other senior players present - at least I think that's Heeney with the shock of blond hair congratulating Fox - it doesn't quite look like him but I don't think there's anyone else it can be.
    Stephens still came fourth, that's hardly disappointing. You won't lead every time trial you compete in. More strange is that Clarke didn't feature in the placings.

Btw, has Oli Florent ever done well in these 2km time trials? Those fleet footed outside players are usually the ones who do best, but I can't recall him ever being a stand-out in them. Nor his siamese twin.

I can't recall Olly ever featuring in the top 5.

I think it's common for the same players to win these events, year after year, precisely because they are the best runners. e.g. Finn McGuinness at the Hawks just won again after his winning last year. Before him I daresay it was frequently Isaac Smith. At other clubs you have running machines that consistently outperform in the time trials. I imagine Jay Rantall will probably win at Collingwood. Pretty sure Dyl Stephens won ours this time last year.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    I can't recall Olly ever featuring in the top 5.

I think it's common for the same players to win these events, year after year, precisely because they are the best runners. e.g. Finn McGuinness at the Hawks just won again after his winning last year. Before him I daresay it was frequently Isaac Smith. At other clubs you have running machines that consistently outperform in the time trials. I imagine Jay Rantall will probably win at Collingwood. Pretty sure Dyl Stephens won ours this time last year.
    As did Dawson. As has Fox in previous years, while Rampe used to be a time trial king. Seems that Stephens is just one of a handful who could realistically take out these things, so as long as he is keeping his name there abouts, I wouldn't be worried.

Veteran Site Admin

Heeney, Naismith, Buddy, Reid, Kennedy, Hewett - at least.

Suspended by the MRP
    For those who haven't been to a time trial before, they are usually separated into groups of up to about seven or eight, and usually categorised into players of a similar level (ie Fox, Stephens, Clarke etc will be in the same group)

Typically the likes of Bell and Amartey have been in the lowest rung group (they both each had a notoriously disastrous showing either last year or the year before, can't quite remember) I noticed Gould was in their group today, which might not bode well for his chances at getting his campaign off to an early start. He will be in for a long summer running laps I would imagine.

it was great seeing Naismith doing some limited contact activity but even more so it involved lateral movement in a one on one scramble for the ball
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I found it. Not insta, Twitter: https://twitter.com/sydneyswans/status/1335823193735479303?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet.

Looks like there were a few seniors there, although I don't know that they did the time trial. I saw Parker, Reid and Hewett.
    When on Ista, along the top there are circles of those you follow. Move them along until you see Swans and touch it. These are bites that aren't always "posted".

You know there's a new bite when the circles have red around them. I didn't know this until big sister told me.

Enjoy.

We've seen more Ling content yesterday than his previous seasons in the list combined. And he's looking like he's fit and ready for a full pre season finally. Expecting big things from him next year.

Naismith training, and doing so without a knee strap/brace is very encouraging this far out from the season.. we may see him sooner than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    When on Ista, along the top there are circles of those you follow. Move them along until you see Swans and touch it. These are bites that aren't always "posted".

You know there's a new bite when the circles have red around them. I didn't know this until big sister told me.

Enjoy.
    Thanks for the tip. I don't currently have any social media accounts (not even FB). So not sure if I see Insta the same way you do. But I'm considering signing up to Twitter!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    We've seen more Ling content yesterday than his previous seasons in the list combined. And he's looking like he's fit and ready for a full pre season finally. Expecting big things from him next year.

Naismith training, and doing so without a knee strap/brace is very encouraging this far out from the season.. we may see him sooner than we thought.
    Agree on both points. I thought KB's comments on Ling earlier in the week were quite interesting. Sort of suggested this is his first run at it in three years and they think he's worth another shot it. Matt is a smart guy; I sense he knows he's been a bit fortunate and is determined to make the most of it.

Regular in the Side
    Op

Sent from my vivo 1937 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast