Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 pre-season general footy chat

Senior Player
    So, I'm curious. Do any of the other clubs fans have an equivalent to RWO concerning their club? Or does everyone just join the
    melee that is Big Footy?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You can add Despot Dan to that list too. Infact, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eddie join the Andrews team.
    Oh dear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    BECAUSE THIS FORUM IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FOOTBALL !!!
    We use all sorts of analogies in discussing football. Political ones are no worse than any others. If they're apt, they're apt.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think you're right that a lot of people are confused about the meaning of 'systemic racism'
    I thought you did pretty well explaining it.

FWIW here is an old cartoon often used to try and help with the concept.

6a00e54f8c25c98834017c317442ea970b-500wi.jpg

Not sure how this story fits in to thread but thought I would share it, maybe someone else will smile as did (and still do). We just recently bought a cabin in a holiday park down the south coast. Great cabin, awful colour. Mission brown half way up and baby @@@@ yellow on the top half. The people we bought it off gave the builder a free range, design and colours. The previous owners are swans supporters. You guessed it, the builder is a Hawks supporter.!!! We are in process of repainting.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    Not sure how this story fits in to thread but thought I would share it, maybe someone else will smile as did (and still do). We just recently bought a cabin in a holiday park down the south coast. Great cabin, awful colour. Mission brown half way up and baby @@@@ yellow on the top half. The people we bought it off gave the builder a free range, design and colours. The previous owners are swans supporters. You guessed it, the builder is a Hawks supporter.!!! We are in process of repainting.
    The first step to the Holy Grail!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It's mostly up to RWO to be creative in finding something to chat about to amuse each other until the practice match. So it's to be expected that we meander between imagination and fabrication. Else we would drown in the quagmire of reality.
    I may need to change my digital signature, nicely put.

With regards the ex Collingwood president - I think he should be remembered for his work in derailing the AFL's drive into NSW on two occasions (NSW Scholaship scheme and the COLA removal), and we should be grateful he didn't get to do it a third time (the northern academies survived his lobbying).
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 14th February 2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    Very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Spot on Liz and thank you.

How a few posters on here think that it's relevant to bring up Trump with regards to football chat, on a football board, is beyond me. Totally inappropriate to use RWO as a political platform.
    +1. Those same people are the one's with doubled standards and crack the @@@@5 when you respond with a like for like statement. It's best to make it a blanket rule and stick to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Oh dear.

- - - Updated - - -

We use all sorts of analogies in discussing football. Political ones are no worse than any others. If they're apt, they're apt.
    Apt in who's mind? Yours? That's not going to work. Use another analogy.

+1. Those same people are the one's with doubled standards and crack the @@@@5 when you respond with a like for like statement. It's best to make it a blanket rule and stick to it.

- - - Updated - - -

whose

Veterans List
    Spot on Liz and thank you.

How a few posters on here think that it's relevant to bring up Trump with regards to football chat, on a football board, is beyond me. Totally inappropriate to use RWO as a political platform.

- - - Updated - - -

Why am I not surprised with these comments?

Just as an aside James Rowbottom's younger sister Charlie is predicted to go in the top 3 in this years AFLW draft. It would have been nice, if we had a team, to have a brother sister combo.

The Trump references were related to Eddie McGuire comparisons, which in turn related to racism. I can see how some may think bringing Trump into the conversation is too big a stretch. Fair enough to have such an opinion. But the subject of racism is not political. All political parties in Australia condemn racism. The subject of racism is always relevant and racists should be called out wherever it is found.

If RWO is a place where racism in footy can be ridiculed, we can contribute to the goal of ending racism in football and sport in general. It thus serves the greater good of stamping the blight of systemic racism in our society.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 15th February 2021 at 04:22 PM.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast