Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 pre-season general footy chat

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    That's what I'm worried about too Barry. First he leaves his breakfast show and now this. Although there is the possibility he was forced out in both instances.
    Well there is at least one SMH/Age journalist who has tagged him as maybe entering politics and being a future leader of the
    ALP (see the article on the weekend). It is hard to see him disappearing unfortunately. The "Broadmeadow Battler" is way too
    in love with the sound of his own voice.

Elijah Hollands joins the SUNS with pick 7 (goldcoastfc.com.au)

Elijah Hollands looks like a great pick up for the Suns, especially at pick 7. Love his enthusiasm. Much rather see that than the Tanner Bruhn reaction.

Incidentally, there's also a good episode on the Suns website which shows their first days of the 2021 season including the draft. Interesting the reaction among Suns recruiters when the Swans selected Logan McDonald. They were clearly excited and surprised and one of them said something along the lines of "take that, Denver!"
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Dew's old mate to give Suns' young talls some extra tips

Can we re-open the Tippett thread? (Joking)

Veterans List
    Jon Patton, the new "Wow". The family club is not happy.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Jon Patton, the new "Wow". The family club is not happy.
    Silly wanker!

Carlton burned a pick 11/12 a few years ago on a "similar" player, was it Duursma from WA?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Silly wanker!

Carlton burned a pick 11/12 a few years ago on a "similar" player, was it Duursma from WA?
    Bootsma

Senior Player
    Any thoughts on the AFLW suspension for Ebony Marinoff?

Could have been a serious injury and I'm glad it was not worse. But the video in the news article looks like Stack just ran into Marinoff with her head. Is it a case of the punishment fitting the potential worst consequences, rather than the crime?

Crow gets longest AFLW suspension for clash that left Giant with neck injury

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Any thoughts on the AFLW suspension for Ebony Marinoff?

Could have been a serious injury and I'm glad it was not worse. But the video in the news article looks like Stack just ran into Marinoff with her head. Is it a case of the punishment fitting the potential worst consequences, rather than the crime?

Crow gets longest AFLW suspension for clash that left Giant with neck injury
    Ridiculous and I would challenge it. What was she supposed to do, dive out of the way.

Adelaide has challenged the decision and the tribunal has adjourned the case until next Thursday. Adelaide have submitted new evidence apparently.

Veterans List
    There is now only going to be 1 pre-season game this year instead of 2. The AFL wants to reduce travel. There will be a practice match scheduled to replace the second game. I hope we're not playing GWS twice.

Veterans List
    Just wanted to say we can't take it for granted what a great club we support. I was able to select to receive a members cap to be delivered with my membership pack without being charged a delivery fee. My brother was charged a delivery fee by Geelong for them to send him his cap. He is not happy!

Seems Collingwood has been found guilty of "Systemic Racism". There is the full article on the ABC news site. Eddie might be on the way out a little earlier than expected.
    P.S. sorry about screwing up the thread.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast