Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 fixture

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2021 fixture

ROUND 1

Saturday March 20

Brisbane Lions v Sydney Swans, Gabba (7:45pm)

ROUND 2

Saturday March 27

Sydney Swans v Adelaide Crows, SCG (1:45pm)

ROUND 3

Saturday April 3

Richmond v Sydney Swans, MCG (1:45pm)

ROUND 4

Thursday April 8

Sydney Swans v Essendon, SCG (7:20pm)

- - - Updated - - -

AFL fixture 2021: Schedule, games, venues, times, TV schedule, how to watch, every club, AFL fixture release, latest news | Fox Sports

- - - Updated - - -

Football returns to the SCG
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

All the rest of the fixture is published here: AFL fixture 2021: Schedule, games, venues, times, TV schedule, how to watch, every club, AFL fixture release, latest news | Fox Sports. From round 7 it's a floating fixture with the exact days and times to be fixed later.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

In order, we play:

Brisbane (Gabba)
    Adelaide (SCG)
    Richmond (MCG)
    Essendon (SCG)
    GWS (SCG)
    Gold Coast (Metricon)
    Geelong (SCG)
    Melbourne (MCG)
    Collingwood (SCG)
    Fremantle (Optus)
    Carlton (SCG) - the Marn Grook match
    St Kilda (Marvel)
    Hawthorn (SCG) - Hawks will be coming off the bye - we might be a bit banged up after 12 straight weeks of footy.
    BYE - match of the round might be West Coast hosting Richmond at Optus
    Port (Adelaide)
    West Coast (SCG)
    Bulldogs (Marvel)
    GWS (Giants Stadium)
    Fremantle (SCG)
    Essendon (Marvel)
    St Kilda (SCG)
    North (Marvel) - very late to play them
    Gold Coast (SCG)
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Regular in the Side
    According to Fox Sports (AFL fixture 2021: Club-by-club fixture, analysis, winners and losers, easiest and hardest fixtures, schedule, latest news | Fox Sports) , The average percentage of our double-up opponents will be 95.06 making ours the third-easiest. Essesdon is ranked easiest and Hawthorn second-easiest.

"Every chance for a quick rebound up the ladder with a pretty kind set of double-up opponents... if they’re still in contention heading into the last month of the season, a final four of Bombers-Saints-Kangaroos-Suns isn’t exactly brutal."

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    According to Fox Sports (AFL fixture 2021: Club-by-club fixture, analysis, winners and losers, easiest and hardest fixtures, schedule, latest news | Fox Sports) , The average percentage of our double-up opponents will be 95.06 making ours the third-easiest. Essesdon is ranked easiest and Hawthorn second-easiest.

"Every chance for a quick rebound up the ladder with a pretty kind set of double-up opponents... if they’re still in contention heading into the last month of the season, a final four of Bombers-Saints-Kangaroos-Suns isn’t exactly brutal."
    Definitely the best draw we have had for many years. We play Brisbane and Richmond early in the season (1-3) and often they don't hit top gear until later on in the season, plus Geelong once at the SCG. We have to double play Fremantle who could look set to improve and St Kilda they may keep on improving. But overall its a very good draw.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Doubled-up games:

St Kilda 6th
    GWS 10th
    Fremantle 12th
    Essendon 13th
    Gold Coast Suns 14th

1-2-2 (1-6, 7-12, 13-18), but no doubled up games against bottom four sides. This is balanced by no doubled-up games against any top four sides either.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Slightly revamped schedule for the cheeky chap fans out there.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Slightly revamped schedule for the cheeky chap fans out there.

I missed this the first time I saw it. But it got a chuckle out loud from me today, and that led to my partner saying "are you reading about the footy? I can tell your particular laugh."

Round one at the Gabba and round six at Metricon. I'm happy.

Who we have to play twice could have been far worse.

Veterans List
    That's a pretty good draw. I like playing StKilda twice because I can't see them improving. Marvel is our best venue so 4 games is a bonus. Just want to beat The Injectors there to shut up their obnoxious supporters.

Veterans List
    Football returns to the SCG .....or does it?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast