Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 VFL discussion thread

Veterans List
    Charlie Gardner adds to the discussion.....

Gardiner chats East Coast VFL Swans - YouTube

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Latest Conversations with Cal has interview with the coach Jeremy Laidler

Hard to know how competitive we will be in the new comp but a R1 team could look like this:
    B Ling Brand O'Connor
    HB Fox Gould COR
    C Campbell Clarke Gulden
    HF Taylor Amartey Sheather
    F Ronke McLean Wicks
    Foll Sinclair Warner Bell
    Int: Carruthers Gray Bartholomous Hebron

Looks OK on paper (yes I have too much time on my hands......)

Even though there have been numerous reports that Paddy McCartin is living with his brother and training to play in our VFL team there is yet to be any confirmation that he is signed. Could that perhaps be because the Swans and he have agreed to hold off in case there is a chance for him to be picked up and listed on an AFL (rather than just VFL) list?

Anyway, as I just posted in the drafting and list management thread, according to Melbourne FC Paddy won't be ready to play AFL come round 1, which may well explain why we (and everyone else) has so far not signed him up (apart from the additional long term risks).

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, who's the solidly built Academy/NEAFL toppie with the ponytail? Can anyone tell me? I think I'll recognise the name once I'm told.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Even though there have been numerous reports that Paddy McCartin is living with his brother and training to play in our VFL team there is yet to be any confirmation that he is signed. Could that perhaps be because the Swans and he have agreed to hold off in case there is a chance for him to be picked up and listed on an AFL (rather than just VFL) list?

Anyway, as I just posted in the drafting and list management thread, according to Melbourne FC Paddy won't be ready to play AFL come round 1, which may well explain why we (and everyone else) has so far not signed him up (apart from the additional long term risks).

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, who's the solidly built Academy/NEAFL toppie with the ponytail? Can anyone tell me? I think I'll recognise the name once I'm told.
    I'm assuming you're talking about Ryan Hebron

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about Ryan Hebron
    Yep, that's him. I've seen him at training.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Just confirmed! Great news.

McCartin joins East Coast VFL Swans McCartin joins East Coast VFL Swans

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post

There's another name on that list that I don't believe was included in the original group of players announced. Looks like the club is embracing the idea of resurrecting the band of brothers that we enjoyed a few years back with the Jacks and Richards (Richardses?)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There's another name on that list that I don't believe was included in the original group of players announced. Looks like the club is embracing the idea of resurrecting the band of brothers that we enjoyed a few years back with the Jacks and Richards (Richardses?)
    Yes. I noticed Adam's name too. Do you know anything about him Liz?

Veteran Site Admin
    Not a huge amount. He's a lot bigger than Errol (over 6ft) and solidly built. He's also a lot older - maybe 27 or 28 by now. He's played the last few seasons with Sydney Uni in the NEAFL and before that I think he had a spell in the SANFL.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not a huge amount. He's a lot bigger than Errol (over 6ft) and solidly built. He's also a lot older - maybe 27 or 28 by now. He's played the last few seasons with Sydney Uni in the NEAFL and before that I think he had a spell in the SANFL.
    Yes, according to this blurb from the NEAFL site, he played five seasons in the SANFL.

Adam GULDEN | Players | Season | NEAFL

I think he also ran around in the SFL last season, either for Uni or the Bulldogs?

Another name that wasn't on the original list is Harry Maguire. He's just turned 20 and I think he's a medium sized forward, who certainly played some academy games in 2019 and maybe a few NEAFL games.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post

Mainly, I'm happy for the guy. I really hope it goes well for him.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast