Page 149 of 529 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,777 to 1,788 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Dawson is a critical signing and dwarfs Parker in our ability to challenge for a flag IMO.

Dawson then daylight in terms of priorities.
    100% this. Want to keep both obviously but if could only have one, I’m picking my man Jordan.

Suspended by the MRP
    Kidding , midfield would be F'd without Parker . Disrespect to a CHAMPION who would BLEED For this club , hes not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Kidding , midfield would be F'd without Parker . Disrespect to a CHAMPION who would BLEED For this club , hes not going anywhere
    I dont think any comments made are really showing 'disrepect', just a view that some hold that Dawson is a more important player to resign than Parker. I disagree, but don't see for one second how it is disrespect in any form.

Almost as silly a comment then when you suggested 'disrespect' was shown to JPK earlier in the year because dear god he was named in the team on the bench....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I dont think any comments made are really showing 'disrepect', just a view that some hold that Dawson is a more important player to resign than Parker. I disagree, but don't see for one second how it is disrespect in any form.

Almost as silly a comment then when you suggested 'disrespect' was shown to JPK earlier in the year because dear god he was named in the team on the bench....
    It is disrespectful to speak poorly about or say anything critical of these blokes , some players are just off limits and our great captains are off limits !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    It is disrespectful to speak poorly about or say anything critical of these blokes , some players are just off limits and our great captains are off limits !
    In your opinion - it is not necessarily a universal truth.

I am intrigued - just what part of the original comments are disrespectful?

Dawson is a critical signing and dwarfs Parker in our ability to challenge for a flag IMO.

100% this. Want to keep both obviously but if could only have one, I’m picking my man Jordan.

All those comments suggest are they see Dawson as the priority for re-signing. Happy for you to disagree, but I really do not see how any part of either comment is disrespectful.

No one is saying Parker is a @@@@ footballer not fit to wear the shirt, or we should get rid of him.....

A bit like your comment around JPK earlier in the year - its appears to be a very long bow being drawn.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    In your opinion - it is not necessarily a universal truth.

I am intrigued - just what part of the original comments are disrespectful?

All those comments suggest are they see Dawson as the priority for re-signing. Happy for you to disagree, but I really do not see how any part of either comment is disrespectful.

No one is saying Parker is a @@@@ footballer not fit to wear the shirt, or we should get rid of him.....

A bit like your comment around JPK earlier in the year - its appears to be a very long bow being drawn.
    Well said.

It would be a real shame to lose Parker. But if it's because he's asking for more than what we believe is appropriate or what we can afford.. then it is what it is. This is a job for these guys. He has a responsibility to earn as much as he can whilst he's playing to set himself up for the rest of his life.

I agree on the stack rank - Jordan, Parker, Hewett, everyone else

Veterans List
    Parker is not leaving, both parties will come to an agreement, he will get a four year contract and the trade off will be a little less per year, it's standard stuff for players his age.

Remember the AFL still hasn't given clubs the salary cap for next year, plus we are involved in finals, and contract talks usually take a back seat during finals so as not to distract players. Almost not worth thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Parker is not leaving, both parties will come to an agreement, he will get a four year contract and the trade off will be a little less per year, it's standard stuff for players his age.

Remember the AFL still hasn't given clubs the salary cap for next year, plus we are involved in finals, and contract talks usually take a back seat during finals so as not to distract players. Almost not worth thinking about.
    Yes, and hopefully, not having to think about contracts will continue for a few more weeks.

Senior Player
    Fact is if we lose either of Parker or Dawson any gains made this year will be thrown away. You can’t be a feeder team for the Victorian clubs and be successful at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Fact is if we lose either of Parker or Dawson any gains made this year will be thrown away. You can’t be a feeder team for the Victorian clubs and be successful at the same time
    Who exactly have we been feeding?
    Did anyone watch Rohan last night? Would understand if you tried and couldn't, he was hard to find out there.
    Nankervis we backed the wrong horse in Naismith, but was understandable at the time.
    Nic Newman has had no impact.
    Membrey has been ok in an average side for a while.
    Tom Mitchell we got Unders on. But he's not conducive to the modern game or our progressive style. He's a contested beast but not a good kick.
    Aliir we definitely lost out on. Big Unders on the return. But, we rationalised it by getting Hickey.
    Jetta? Hanners?

We've had pretty sound list management for a long time. Mates who support other clubs want to storm an AGM or microwave a membership card every second year.
    I'd be surprised if we let Parker and Dawson go. I think they'll get those done. And the management have enough of a track record for us to maintain that faith.

Next year, we have to give McDonald every opportunity in our AFL team. Unless we go with a 3 tall setup, means that the Amartey / McLean / Reid spot goes to him. Yet we still need a chop out ruck.

Really need to look at swinging one of Amartey / McLean / Reid back in defence.