Page 244 of 529 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,917 to 2,928 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    "TheBloods is very excited about Sheather and has predicted that he will be in the senior team from round 1 next year. Maybe Sheather can start developing into another flanker style player to fill the void of Dawson and Stephens."

Well we have it from the Oracle then. Thanks BS.
    I'm actually quite pleased with Sheather, but in the VFL, most of his early games were spent as a pressure forward, then later in the season, he was given more opportunities as an inside mid. Due to his hard tackling and his tendency to beeline the ball, I think he took those opportunities. I can't recall him spending much time as an outside mid or a rebounder?

Could possibly make his debut next year, but I think it's much more likely, that it will be later in the season, when we first get to hear some more bleating, about another academy steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Saw him on the Gold Coast. Played in the backline and just knew where to run and read the play. well. Kicking is good. Also seemed to be the organiser down back. Looked a cut above.
    I thought much the same. And in regards to him going up against the Kings: they would have an advantage in pace, but he'd have an advantage in strength, and possibly ball reading ability.

Good pickup by the Suns getting Mabior Chol. Not a great player, but a handy player. He's valuable in the sense that he can fill 2 roles as a depth player, ruck and forward.

Sheather will be a very good pressure forward similar to Wicks. Having both of them up front together, and able to push through to the middle will be a really good asset over the next 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Dawson must be very valuable if other suggested trades from listeners on SEN are any guide. One Essendon supporter is suggesting a reasonable trade for their player Aaron Francis back to SA would be Adelaide’s pick 4 and pick 23.

Imagine what Dawson must be worth!!!
    Explains a lot about Essendon’s trading capacities to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    "TheBloods is very excited about Sheather and has predicted that he will be in the senior team from round 1 next year. Maybe Sheather can start developing into another flanker style player to fill the void of Dawson and Stephens."

Well we have it from the Oracle then. Thanks BS.
    Earlier in the week Ludwig shone a stadium light at the dark practices of people being on football forums and using other people’s work and passing it off as their own. In my post I’ve acknowledged the ideas of MCS and TheBloods. This is best of breed football forum etiquette.

People on Red and White question TheBloods early acknowledgment of Chad and J-Mac. If Sheather plays round one 2022 then there will be no doubt that TheBloods called it first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Sheather will be a very good pressure forward similar to Wicks. Having both of them up front together, and able to push through to the middle will be a really good asset over the next 2-3 years.
    Yes. Both tough physical players who can kick a goal as well. Can definitely see them both in our forward line. Gulden and Campbell into the midfield or deeper. We cam play a strong team even without Dawson and Stephens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good pickup by the Suns getting Mabior Chol. Not a great player, but a handy player. He's valuable in the sense that he can fill 2 roles as a depth player, ruck and forward.
    Yes, good pick up. Especially with the Suns lack of ruck depth. Though it probably kills off my vague hope, of trading Sinkers to the Suns.

You really need to stop selectively attributing calls on players becoming hits to posters mainly The Bloods who I’m sure would be slightly embarrassed to always be referred to in such a way by you..
    Plenty of posters have predicted Sheather as going to be a future star ..i feel like
    I started hearing plaudits for Sheather before he was rookie listed by certain posters and I know that I’ve certainly posted on the vfl thread on here this year that he’s being superb in the games Ive watched him play this year and that one day clubs will speak of him as an absolute steal by the Swans ..I’ve rated him along with others as a standout along with the older Mccartin and I also rate O’Connor and Carruthers axtually
    Sheather has impressed many to rate him as possibly playing early on in the AFL next year ..If the opportunity arises and possibly being raved about
    So please stop the selective assigning of predictions on players to your lineup of experts

Suspended by the MRP
    Sheather will be in the 22 in the first month of next year and will be in the MIDFIELD in 2-3 years . Just my opinion , if im wrong so be it , im no oracle

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    I also rate O’Connor and Carruthers
    I'm glad to hear that. The little bits and pieces we get to see of them is almost all we have to go on. I've liked what I've seen from the bits of footage. If they come good, it will go a long way in making us a strong team for a long time.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I might be the one person on here lukewarm on Chol. I get King needs support and they’ve found ‘some’. But I reckon he’s had one good game as a forward, and that’s one more than he’s had as a ruck. I’d be as certain about his career as I would Amarty, and I hope like hell Amarty succeeds and think he has real promise, but I couldn’t go any further than that just yet. If anything, I’d argue Amarty has more raw ingredients.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say