Page 245 of 529 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,929 to 2,940 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good pickup by the Suns getting Mabior Chol. Not a great player, but a handy player. He's valuable in the sense that he can fill 2 roles as a depth player, ruck and forward.
    Is it another case of GC paying well over the odds to entice an average player to their Club eg Weller, Ellis? Time will tell, Ludwig.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I might be the one person on here lukewarm on Chol. I get King needs support and they’ve found ‘some’. But I reckon he’s had one good game as a forward, and that’s one more than he’s had as a ruck. I’d be as certain about his career as I would Amarty, and I hope like hell Amarty succeeds and think he has real promise, but I couldn’t go any further than that just yet. If anything, I’d argue Amarty has more raw ingredients.
    I think he's a decent (free) pick up for the Suns but I'm similarly lukewarm about him. He's two and a half years older than Joel, and has been in the AFL system for two more seasons. I don't know if Joel will "make it" at AFL (in terms of a long term career) but I'm optimistic - if he's playing at Choi's current level in two years time, I'll be somewhat disappointed.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I think with Dawson, Hewitt and most likely Stephens leaving then there will be a list spot on base salary for Ling. You would assume that Gray and Clark will be delisted. That makes 5 list changes.

MCS, with his outstanding analysis has pinpointed that the Swans will probably want future draft picks rather than 2021 draft picks. This means they will not use the draft this year to fill list holes. They may well keep players like Ronke, Brand and Sinclair on cheap one year deals to fill list holes until next year.

I assume that they will sign McCartin and Sheather has already been upgraded.

TheBloods is very excited about Sheather and has predicted that he will be in the senior team from round 1 next year. Maybe Sheather can start developing into another flanker style player to fill the void of Dawson and Stephens.
    I've got to say on the few times I seen Sheather play he looked pretty good

What do peeps think of Archie Smith?
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 16th September 2021 at 12:02 AM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    What to peeps think of Archie Smith?
    Who the F is he when hes home

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Is it another case of GC paying well over the odds to entice an average player to their Club eg Weller, Ellis? Time will tell, Ludwig.
    Chol is from Qld and was from Brisbane academy, so they may not have had to pay him overs as he got to go to his home state and family.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Who the F is he when hes home
    Maybe try I don’t know who that is can you tell me more?
    You probably don’t intend it and you may not actually be one but you often come across as an obnoxious boor.
    Last edited by Faunac8; 16th September 2021 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Maybe try I don’t know who that is can you tell me more?
    You probably don’t intend it and you may not actually be one but you often come across as an obnoxious boor.
    Or else, the writing style is just the complete opposite of an alter ego?
    Last edited by 0918330512; 16th September 2021 at 08:22 AM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    What do peeps think of Archie Smith?
    Don’t know too much about him but he is an ex basketball player co-opted to a potential AFL career because of his size and athleticism who has struggled to get games , which , given his background is understandable. Still only 26 so young for a ruckman and may still have potential.
    Please note the following comment is tongue in cheek
    Maybe the in-house doyen of the ruck craft Ludwig with his incisive and indisputable knowledge in this area could provide us with his insight and recommendations?

Veterans List
    AFL reporting Fox and O'Riordan have signed/signing one year deals, Wicks about to extend as well.

Maybe the in-house doyen of the ruck craft Ludwig with his incisive and indisputable knowledge in this area could provide us with his insight and recommendations?
    Now you're asking for trouble. No doubt Ludwig's analysis on the craft of the tap will begin with Tom and end with Derickx. Bring him back out of retirement I say!

Veterans List
    Don’t know too much about him but he is an ex basketball player co-opted to a potential AFL career because of his size and athleticism who has struggled to get games , which , given his background is understandable. Still only 26 so young for a ruckman and may still have potential.
    Please note the following comment is tongue in cheek
    In his No.1 Best Seller, "The World According to Ludwig" he devotes a whole chapter to the art of ruckwork. The Ruck Whisperer got all his knowledge from this one incredible chapter.
    Last edited by Nico; 16th September 2021 at 10:55 AM.