Page 514 of 529 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524 ... LastLast
Results 6,157 to 6,168 of 6338

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

We cam get to 44 players if we put Naismith on the LTIL, even with the listing of Paddy and Anderson. Somehow we can keep within the max of 44 players with players status manipulation, most of which I am not aware of, but clubs seem to find the means to work these things out. We may not want to list Anderson and just let him play for our VFL team. We're pretty loaded with mids right now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    While I'm pleased with Corey, I am surprised that we went with three medium sized mids. I suppose that means we're doubling down on the run and gun style. It also leaves no doubt that we're signing Paddy McCartin. And I guess it means, that we do consider Gould and O'Connor to be genuine KPD prospects.
    Just have a look at Melbourne. Medium sized mids all over the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yep. Greg Williams was too slow for AFL and won 2 Brownlows probably should have won a third. height and speed arn't everything. skill levels and determination and hardness at the ball are important
    And Terry "The Wallet" Wallace said Sam Mitchell was too slow.[/QUOTE]Terry Wallace shouldn't talk about slow. He was a very slow mid

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Sorry but I'm very disappointed with our draft selections. Last year we had not choice with our selections, the year before I was unimpressed with Stephens (too slight) but may prove me wrong. Except Warner has proved me wrong.

What is the Swans obsessions with mids (4 mids) this draft? Don't we have enough? Or are the ones we have not good enough?

Last year we struggled with height in defense but again we haven't dressed that problem, unless we are relying PMc to address that problem (despite his risk factor) and Gould to come good.

I hope we rookie draft Anderson (another mid) but more importantly Liam Puncher, a CBH. We need height at the back!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    We lost Dawson & Hewett. Brand & Gray were delisted. Ling delisted too. Taylor going back to Rookies. Thay is 6 list spots.

We drafted 4, traded 1. That leaves 1. I am not sure of Rookies anymore

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    1. Moving Taylor to the rookie list doesn't free up a spot.
    2. We also delisted Carruthers.
    3. We added McAndrew halfway through the season, suggesting we might have been "one over" - except that I can't remember how we came to have a spot for McAndrew in the first place. Was it Naismith's spot? Or did we go into the season one short.

If you're right, and we do have one list spot available (ie my 1 and 2 above cancel each other out and McAndrew wasn't an extra), that spot is, prima facie, promised to McCartin. So, as per the post you quoted, we'd have to move Naismith to the inactive list to free up a rookie list spot for Anderson or anyone else.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Rowbottom put out a self-promotional video of himself today: Rowbottom: I feel like I have much more to offer

He must have known that we would take 4 replacements for him in this draft alone. He says he has to do better since he's the worst player on our list. I noticed that he's done away with all the strapping on his knee and his shoulder. He may not be able to play, but give him credit for trying to look like he can play.
    One of Ron Barassi's favourite sayings;Even if you can't play at least look like a footballer.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I honestly don't know, but I'd be surprised if the Swans had delisted him without acknowledgment.
    There’s another list lodgement deadline tomorrow before the PSD and RD. Maybe Clarke won’t be on that list if he hasn’t been given a new contract. (Footy Wire has him as the only one on our list with a 2021 ending contract)
    Last edited by The Big Cat; 26th November 2021 at 12:19 AM.

We now have the Warner Bros....that's all folks!!!.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Anybody else notice that both Sheldrick and Rankin are good kicks on both sides of the body
    I have watched bugger all of anyone but Sheldrick but I thought he was a left footer then I saw him kick equally well on the right.

Reminds me a bit of a bloke who did well and went on to win a few Brownlows. I like that he doesnt seem to think which foot to use which gives him more time.

We will see.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Yep. Greg Williams was too slow for AFL and won 2 Brownlows probably should have won a third. height and speed arn't everything. skill levels and determination and hardness at the ball are important
    And Terry "The Wallet" Wallace said Sam Mitchell was too slow.[/QUOTE]

If I was picking a "Team" to win a Grand Final then The Diesel would be in my top 3 picked first of any players I have seen.

Genius user of the ball and unbelievable handball skills.

I believe he kicked 6 goals and had 50+ disposals for the Swans one day.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    There’s another list lodgement deadline tomorrow before the PSD and RD. Maybe Clarke won’t be on that list if he hasn’t been given a new contract. (Footy Wire has him as the only one on our list with a 2021 ending contract)
    I think that's primarily to lodge rookie upgrades ahead of the drafts tomorrow. It would be a non-classy way to delist a player who has done nothing wrong - ie to have given him no opportunity during the main DFA periods or the drafts.

Regular in the Side
    I don't understand how Carlton got away with only drafting one player. I know the AFL refused them a replacement for Jones but I would have thought they needed to take two. Likewise I understood Gold Coast was committed to redrafting Thomson on the Senior list but they did not.