Page 95 of 529 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,129 to 1,140 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Draft watch - Corey Warner now in Twomey's Top 30, been burning at Colts level, now played two senior WAFL games

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    It's actually they can't match a top 20 bid this year and a top 40 bid from next year. a belated admission from the AFL that NGA's were a poorly thought through idea. A year too late for the Fairy Pups not to hugely benefit.

I don't think any Academy, NGA or F/S draftee should be discounted, surely the ability to match a bid is reward enough.
    Knew I shouldn't have just relied on my scratchy memory when posting. Not being able to match a top twenty bid is even better.

And in other draft news, the AFL site is boosting the prospects of Chad Warner's younger brother, Corey. Seems a similar sort of midfielder to Chad. Possibly not for us, though; as he's projected as a late first rounder, and I would prefer it if we used our first pick to take the best available KPD or maybe ruckman.

- - - Updated - - -

Draft watch - Corey Warner now in Twomey's Top 30, been burning at Colts level, now played two senior WAFL games
    Snap!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, absolutely no sympathy for Beveridge. Especially after the Dogs scored Ugle-Hagan, because, er, you know, without the great work done by the NGAs, indigenous kids in Victoria would never had dreamed of playing Aussie rules.
    The other thing the academy does is encourage Sydney kids to aspire to play footy in the AFL when they see Sydneysiders running around in the red and white.

We drove from Canberra to the pre-season game at Giant stadium and my kids started talking to the kids in front of us. They played for the Mosman Swans - Callum Mills’ junior team and he was their favourite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Rookie List
    A friend of mine is a farmer in WA whose son went to school with Chad - he’s been talking Corey up to me all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went after Corey with our first pick. We'd have a good insight in to him, and a degree of confidence in his cultural fit & ability to transition to Sydney. If he's top 30 material, and we have more known knowns about him, he's worth moving up to our pick 15.

James Rowbottom’s sister Charlie was taken at pick one in the AFL W draft to the Gold Coast.

Do you think it would be an interesting play for the Gold Coast Suns to try and trade for James?

As our midfield continues to evolve with top end talent and the future prospect of throwing in Dawson, Gulden, Chad and Heeney into the centre bounces, should Rowbottom look for another club opportunity?

No. Kennedy and Parker are in their twilight years. Rowbottom is the logical replacement on the inside.

No, because Gold Coast already have a wealth of young talent and it is more experienced players that they are looking for. Anyway, if Charlie had wanted to be with her brother maybe she would have nominated for NSW. Sounds like she could have picked to be more or less wherever she wanted.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Charlie Rowbottom moving to Gold Coast, only reinforces our rowbottom in Sydney. Shows the family is not made up of sooky mummies-boys/girls who pine for home in victoria (unlike like the Rocca's )

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    James Rowbottom’s sister Charlie was taken at pick one in the AFL W draft to the Gold Coast.

Do you think it would be an interesting play for the Gold Coast Suns to try and trade for James?

As our midfield continues to evolve with top end talent and the future prospect of throwing in Dawson, Gulden, Chad and Heeney into the centre bounces, should Rowbottom look for another club opportunity?
    If he is smart he would

Twomey's July Phantom Form Guide: July update: Cal Twomey's Phantom Form Guide - best draft prospects ranked (afl.com.au).

Toby Conway is rated the best pure ruck and is cousins with the McCartins and also from the Geelong Falcons. Mac Andrews into the top 10. Gibcus now rated 6th. (Not the phantom draft but still suggests we'll need trade something if we want one of them.)

The name Goater caught my eye. First we'd had GOATs. Now we have Goater!! He won't need another nickname.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    I know I shouldn’t comment but I am bemused at the constant shots at Rowbottom. I think we would all agree that Luke Parker is one of the first players selected every week and as a second round pick playing the same position and a similar player size wise I feel he is a good candidate to use as a comparison.
    If you compare both players performance in the season they turned 20 the results statistically are very close and it would be a reasonable assumption that James has plenty of potential to improve over the next few years. If he tuns out to be even 75% of the player Luke is I for one won’t be disappointed
    https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...id2=A&fopt2=20