Page 435 of 529 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485 ... LastLast
Results 5,209 to 5,220 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hmmm RB a tagger , fascinating

I wish i made a bet , would 've cleaned up on here
    As always your judgment of young Swans players is very astute.

I think most of Red and White (many too proud to admit it) are very excited about Marc Sheather after you tipped him to be a senior regular in the 1st four rounds of 2022.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    As always your judgment of young Swans players is very astute.

I think most of Red and White (many too proud to admit it) are very excited about Marc Sheather after you tipped him to be a senior regular in the 1st four rounds of 2022.
    i was way off about hayward and blakey wasn't i

On the veteran's list
    Not sure why people on this forum are anxious about Wicks re-signing. I am flabbergasted that he got so many games last year. I put him in the same basket as Ben Ronke and The Knack - one hit wonders. Wicks - 5 against the Tigers, Ronk - 7 against the Hawks, The Knack - My Sharona. Personally I’m more anxious to see Sam Reid re-sign. His upside is light years beyond Wicks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Not sure why people on this forum are anxious about Wicks re-signing. I am flabbergasted that he got so many games last year. I put him in the same basket as Ben Ronke and The Knack - one hit wonders. Wicks - 5 against the Tigers, Ronk - 7 against the Hawks, The Knack - My Sharona. Personally I’m more anxious to see Sam Reid re-sign. His upside is light years beyond Wicks.
    I’m not saying anything negative about Wicks again. His father is posting on big footy and may check out this forum as well.

Can anyone disclose if they know that a family member or player posts or reads Red and White?

I would never criticise a player if I new the player or a family member were to read my comments.

For one it was 3 goals not 5 but anyway he has a pretty decent upsize in my opinion. Don’t just pigeonhole him as a forward . He will in time run through the midfield. I know it’s not the same standard but he was able to get 40 touches in the NEAFL playing as a midfielder. Reid is past his best , unfortunately his body has let him down .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hmmm RB a tagger , fascinating

I wish i made a bet , would 've cleaned up on here
    23rd September 2021, 02:38 AM #3362
    TheBloods
    Big statement from the club getting rid of Hewett . They are saying to Chad that they have faith in him to step up to the plate fill the void left by Hewett .

Reid is finished. He has played 20 games in 2 seasons other forward by and kicked 11 goals and 12 behinds. His goal kicking is terrible. He kicked more OOF than any a long way. He is a very ordinary ruck and he is impacting the contest far less. He also drops dollies. Sorry. Time to move on.

Wicks is very good player and can be extremely dangerous. His pressure is top quality. He is not bad for a Rookie.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

It would be unprecedented (at least off the top of my head) but we could do worse than to re-draft Jack Maibaum. Made the VFL team of the year so obviously in good form. But more so, desperately unlucky during his time at the club with injury interrupting his progression, which was actually tracking well. His mum passed away in 2020 so was released from our Covid bubble, otherwise was a strong chance to debut.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleCore View Post
    23rd September 2021, 02:38 AM #3362
    TheBloods
    Big statement from the club getting rid of Hewett . They are saying to Chad that they have faith in him to step up to the plate fill the void left by Hewett .
    Whats your point i never said Chad would be a tagger

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    But back to the footy….I really want a big, ball winning midfielder. So the likes of Ward, Rachelle, Roberts and Sonsie don’t get me excited at all. Horne-Francis and Callaghan will go top 5 while Erasmus and Hobbs look like top 10. But that leaves a few others. I love the look of Goater, then Johnson. Hopefully we can get one those. I see that Draper is tall but “strength” is listed as one of his weaknesses! I love the look of Hobbs. A couple of phantoms have him in the top 6 but then again others have him down at 19. Genuinely strong ball winner. Be very happy with any of these three and think that they should be the priority. Second pick #33 we should pick up a tall.
    If you really want a tall ball winning midfielder you'd pick up Ned Long

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    The Replacements - The Mongrel Punt - considers how we cover the losses of Dawson and Hewett.
    I usually like The Mongrel Punt, but I don't like the whole approach used in this analysis. I simply don't agree with the concept of Replacement Theory. There's also a lot of important factors missing from the analysis. One is the assumption that we will continue to play only one key defender in Tom McCartin. There is no consideration of how the team would look with Will Gould. Did they just write him off? And they talk about TMac as a winger as opposed to being a HBF as some kind of revelation. TMac was always meant for the midfield.

TMac, Dawson and Blakey were played in several roles during the year. It's ludicrous to say TMac is Dawson's replacement without going into who would be TMac's replacement.

The idea of Hewett being sent off to make room for Rowbottom is something that's been discussed on here all year. This is not a revelation. And even if one prefers to substitute the name Warner for Rowbottom, it's still conceptually the same, i.e. we got rid of a very solid player in Hewett because we needed to make room for players like Rowbottom and Warner.

The lengthy discussion, along with stats, that we get from TMP is always a good read with many good points, but it's not anything new for regulars on RWO.