Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I can't see Heeney or Lloyd going elsewhere unless their offers from elsewhere are extraordinary. Both also seem very content at the Swans.
    Not convinced Lloyd is the future of the Swans. He’s been a great servant but feel others may overtake him.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not convinced Lloyd is the future of the Swans. He’s been a great servant but feel others may overtake him.
    Well he is only 27, so plenty of footy left in him. If we don't want him, plenty of others will.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    From memory Rampe had to play Sydney AFL then SANFL then came back as a midfield / HBF ........then bit by bit we saw the possibility of a Key Possie defender ?

All I was alluding to was that it is so tricky determining the trajectory of some players just from small samples early on.
    I thought that when he wasn’t initially drafted from school, in a bid to be drafted he played in the VFL with Western Bulldogs affiliate Williamstown and trialled with the Dogs before returning to Sydney AFL. Won a B&F with I don’t know who and then we rookie drafted him?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I thought that when he wasn’t initially drafted from school, in a bid to be drafted he played in the VFL with Western Bulldogs affiliate Williamstown and trialled with the Dogs before returning to Sydney AFL. Won a B&F with I don’t know who and then we rookie drafted him?
    So did I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I can't see Heeney or Lloyd going elsewhere unless their offers from elsewhere are extraordinary. Both also seem very content at the Swans.
    Me either - certainly can't see Heeney going anywhere. Lloyd - maybe if a big offer came in for him, but would seem unlikely to me.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

GS ur right but same same in the journey amd initiation to reach snr afl etc.

"After school he spent three seasons in the Victorian Football League (VFL) with Williamstown. He was twice invited to train with the Western Bulldogs in the preseason but returned to Sydney shortly after playing in the 2011 VFL grand final. In 2012 he played for UNSW-Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs in the Sydney AFL and won the Phelan medal as the best player in the league for the season"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    GS ur right but same same in the journey amd initiation to reach snr afl etc.

"After school he spent three seasons in the Victorian Football League (VFL) with Williamstown. He was twice invited to train with the Western Bulldogs in the preseason but returned to Sydney shortly after playing in the 2011 VFL grand final. In 2012 he played for UNSW-Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs in the Sydney AFL and won the Phelan medal as the best player in the league for the season"
    I always wonder what he would have been like if they let him loose in the midfield , but he’s such a good defender we will never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526