Page 452 of 452 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452
Results 5,413 to 5,421 of 5421

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

  1. #5413
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    1,136
    The midfield is in very good shape and we have enough to make a good flag midfield out of , but we can still do with more .Two things can be true at once.

    There will be a few who wont end up making it and it would be better to have a few other gun mids on the list to replace them when that time comes .

    Club might not rate any of the KPP draftees enough to bother with them ,

  2. #5414
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney East
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Agree. So disappointed with our first round picks that are not academy or F/S since McVeigh.

    Think Towers, Ling, Florent (ok), Lamb, Johnston, Rohan (a number 6 pick!), Vespremi, Willougby, O'Keefe.

    Jetta was a star whilst with us, and it is early days for Logan and Campbell, but really we have done far far worse than 50% success rate with our 'live' first round picks.
    Yes yes, it's godawful, what sort of a masochistic are you that you'd want to revisit a list like this?

    More importantly, am I right in thinking this will be Dalrymple's first year in charge of drafting? If so, his record is outstanding. Let's start a clean slate...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Sounds like something Scooby-Doo would say.
    Like.

  3. #5415
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Yes yes, it's godawful, what sort of a masochistic are you that you'd want to revisit a list like this?

    More importantly, am I right in thinking this will be Dalrymple's first year in charge of drafting? If so, his record is outstanding. Let's start a clean slate...
    He joined the Swans in early 2018, so the one that really needs to come good is 2019: Stephens [?], Gould [?], Taylor, the Chad ✓

  4. #5416
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He joined the Swans in early 2018, so the one that really needs to come good is 2019: Stephens [?], Gould [?], Taylor, the Chad ✓
    I don't know where I read it or if it was via an interview I heard but I'm sure Dalrymple was in charge of the Stephens pick but KB was heavily involved in the later picks.

  5. #5417
    Lots of draft previews popping up now. According to one pundit, our draft needs are key defenders, ball-winning midfielders, key forward depth and defensive run. They feel that those likely to be available at our pick include Jacob van Rooyen, Josh Sinn, Tyler Sonsie and Campbell Chesser. We may also consider Leek Alleer, Rhett Bazzo, Angus Sheldrick, Mitch Knevitt, Sam Banks, Alastair Lord and Shay Linke. If you want to read more its at the following link (firewall I'm afraid).

    No Cookies | Herald Sun

  6. #5418
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    8,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Lots of draft previews popping up now. According to one pundit, our draft needs are key defenders, ball-winning midfielders, key forward depth and defensive run. They feel that those likely to be available at our pick include Jacob van Rooyen, Josh Sinn, Tyler Sonsie and Campbell Chesser. We may also consider Leek Alleer, Rhett Bazzo, Angus Sheldrick, Mitch Knevitt, Sam Banks, Alastair Lord and Shay Linke. If you want to read more its at the following link (firewall I'm afraid).

    No Cookies | Herald Sun
    So they say we need defenders, midfielders and forwards. That's just about everything. I guess we finally have more than enough ruckmen. I'd hardly call that an analysis.

    Anyway, I like the selection of players that might be available at our pick. We should get a decent player. Maybe we take a midfielder with pick 16 and hope one of the KPDs we like is available with our next pick. I think Aleer may go between 30 to 35. It's hard to say because he did so well in the vertical jump. Whether we sign up Paddy or not will influence our draft strategy.

  7. #5419
    Can we sign Paddy McCartin as a delisted FA next week when all clubs can add delisted FA's?

  8. #5420
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    So they say we need defenders, midfielders and forwards. That's just about everything. I guess we finally have more than enough ruckmen. I'd hardly call that an analysis.

    Anyway, I like the selection of players that might be available at our pick. We should get a decent player. Maybe we take a midfielder with pick 16 and hope one of the KPDs we like is available with our next pick. I think Aleer may go between 30 to 35. It's hard to say because he did so well in the vertical jump. Whether we sign up Paddy or not will influence our draft strategy.
    They say we need “key defenders, ball-winning midfielders, key forward depth and defensive run” I think we could do with another small forward too. Probably ok for wingmen.

  9. #5421
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    5,135
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Can we sign Paddy McCartin as a delisted FA next week when all clubs can add delisted FA's?
    Yes. But we may want the list spot vacant for the ND and list him in the next DFA period after the draft. If we are intent on taking him you'd assume there's a nudge and a nod to indicate that to him so he doesn't take up another offer elsewhere.

    Brander will be signed as a DFA by GWS apparently, he was fleetingly in their academy before the AFL trimmed their catchment area.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO