Page 22 of 529 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Gray
    Taylor
    Clarke
    Brand

These lads will find it hard to get into the best 22 no doubt..........but they also can play a role well this season if we have a few injuries.......which enables us to remain competitive.
    Absolutely. And they're affordable, on base wages.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Interesting article, that Kinnear Beatson's major rival for best list manager is stepping down from his lead role at Geelong: List guru steps down: Cats recruiting manager Stephen Wells considers future (afl.com.au). The other interesting thing is there is a picture of Dan Hannebery (in Saints gear) training together with Andrew Mackie (in Geelong gear) entitled "Dan Hannebery working closely with Geelong assistant Andrew Mackie in Gold Coast hub 2020". What gives? Seems a bit weird. There must have been a lot of friendly crossover up there in those hubs. It doesn't surprise me that players and personnel from various clubs have existing and informal relationships with a range of others, to be described as "working closely" together while dressed in their respective different club gear seems odd.
    I’m really hoping 2021 can be Geelong’s anus horribilis

Step 1 completed

Just need to miss the 8, sack their coach and have all their young talent walk out the door at the end of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m really hoping 2021 can be Geelong’s anus horribilis
    Could be an outbreak of rectal cancer at the club.

Or Worse! I don't want to think about it.

McCartin back loving footy

really cool to see big Paddy seeming healthy in body and mind.

If our nurturing of Paddy comes to fruition and he can become a 40 goal a year forward for us in Snrs in 2022 then we have a few pieces of the puzzle coming together.

Even if PAddy accelerates this season and jumps on on our snr list it would be great back up to injuries
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Hopefully, the young docker will resist Carlton's overtures and our youngsters will too! Our group appear to be very tight so I don't see any going unless they lack opportunities or receive a huge offer elsewhere. They can see success looming at the Swans. Melbourne clubs seem to think that they can always pick up interstate players for unders.
    Does strengthen the argument for Academies however...

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    ... The other interesting thing is there is a picture of Dan Hannebery (in Saints gear) training together with Andrew Mackie (in Geelong gear) entitled "Dan Hannebery working closely with Geelong assistant Andrew Mackie in Gold Coast hub 2020". What gives? Seems a bit weird. There must have been a lot of friendly crossover up there in those hubs. It doesn't surprise me that players and personnel from various clubs have existing and informal relationships with a range of others, to be described as "working closely" together while dressed in their respective different club gear seems odd.
    I thought that was to do with a few players that flew up from Victoria and had to quarantine before they could join their respective teams. There was no one else so they had to train with each other.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/thr...157d232fca6160
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    McCartin back loving footy

really cool to see big Paddy seeming healthy in body and mind.

If our nurturing of Paddy comes to fruition and he can become a 40 goal a year forward for us in Snrs in 2022 then we have a few pieces of the puzzle coming together.

Even if PAddy accelerates this season and jumps on on our snr list it would be great back up to injuries
    Could do with another key backman. Mid season draft? I always thought he wasn't suited to the forward line.

A little belatedly I have found, and here share, Chris Doerre's April National Draft 'Power Rankings': AFL Draft 2021 Phantom Draft Power Rankings April Nick Daicos cracks the top 5 (espn.com). Only a simple description of Doerre's 10 top prospects - not including details about where they're from or their height and weight. The way things are going we probably won't have a top 10 pick unless we try to trade up the draft. It appears he also publishes a weekly 'draft wrap': AFL Draft 2021 Chris Doerre Knightmare's Weekly Wrap - Nick Daicos consolidates top-five billing (espn.com).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I got the impression this was the club's priority over the last few years whilst accumulating all this promising young talent. Plus they will have learnt lessons from the cap squeeze felt with the recruiting of Tippett & Buddy on big $$$$ contracts, which may become thing of the past now.
    I think a more accurate term might be "relearned" KSAS - it's not like it's the first time Sydney has found itself in a self induced cap squeeze situation. I'd be ecstatic if it becomes the last I have to watch.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

There was a Dad who called up the ABC 702 today who was in tears over the good story of his son who joined the Swans when he was 16. He got good news today but didn't say what specifically. I guess he got an AFL game? I forgot the name but did anyone hear that and know who the player is?

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    There was a Dad who called up the ABC 702 today who was in tears over the good story of his son who joined the Swans when he was 16. He got good news today but didn't say what specifically. I guess he got an AFL game? I forgot the name but did anyone hear that and know who the player is?
    Maybe Bartholomaeus' dad? He's playing his first official VFL game, although he has previously played NEAFL.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I thought that was to do with a few players that flew up from Victoria and had to quarantine before they could join their respective teams. There was no one else so they had to train with each other.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/thr...157d232fca6160
    Yes that's correct. Hanners and Ablett flew up together and while in quarantine they could only train with each other.