Page 452 of 529 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502 ... LastLast
Results 5,413 to 5,424 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Suspended by the MRP
    The midfield is in very good shape and we have enough to make a good flag midfield out of , but we can still do with more .Two things can be true at once.

There will be a few who wont end up making it and it would be better to have a few other gun mids on the list to replace them when that time comes .

Club might not rate any of the KPP draftees enough to bother with them ,

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Agree. So disappointed with our first round picks that are not academy or F/S since McVeigh.

Think Towers, Ling, Florent (ok), Lamb, Johnston, Rohan (a number 6 pick!), Vespremi, Willougby, O'Keefe.

Jetta was a star whilst with us, and it is early days for Logan and Campbell, but really we have done far far worse than 50% success rate with our 'live' first round picks.
    Yes yes, it's godawful, what sort of a masochistic are you that you'd want to revisit a list like this?

More importantly, am I right in thinking this will be Dalrymple's first year in charge of drafting? If so, his record is outstanding. Let's start a clean slate...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Sounds like something Scooby-Doo would say.
    Like.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Yes yes, it's godawful, what sort of a masochistic are you that you'd want to revisit a list like this?

More importantly, am I right in thinking this will be Dalrymple's first year in charge of drafting? If so, his record is outstanding. Let's start a clean slate...
    He joined the Swans in early 2018, so the one that really needs to come good is 2019: Stephens [?], Gould [?], Taylor, the Chad ✓

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He joined the Swans in early 2018, so the one that really needs to come good is 2019: Stephens [?], Gould [?], Taylor, the Chad ✓
    I don't know where I read it or if it was via an interview I heard but I'm sure Dalrymple was in charge of the Stephens pick but KB was heavily involved in the later picks.

Lots of draft previews popping up now. According to one pundit, our draft needs are key defenders, ball-winning midfielders, key forward depth and defensive run. They feel that those likely to be available at our pick include Jacob van Rooyen, Josh Sinn, Tyler Sonsie and Campbell Chesser. We may also consider Leek Alleer, Rhett Bazzo, Angus Sheldrick, Mitch Knevitt, Sam Banks, Alastair Lord and Shay Linke. If you want to read more its at the following link (firewall I'm afraid).

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Lots of draft previews popping up now. According to one pundit, our draft needs are key defenders, ball-winning midfielders, key forward depth and defensive run. They feel that those likely to be available at our pick include Jacob van Rooyen, Josh Sinn, Tyler Sonsie and Campbell Chesser. We may also consider Leek Alleer, Rhett Bazzo, Angus Sheldrick, Mitch Knevitt, Sam Banks, Alastair Lord and Shay Linke. If you want to read more its at the following link (firewall I'm afraid).

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    So they say we need defenders, midfielders and forwards. That's just about everything. I guess we finally have more than enough ruckmen. I'd hardly call that an analysis.

Anyway, I like the selection of players that might be available at our pick. We should get a decent player. Maybe we take a midfielder with pick 16 and hope one of the KPDs we like is available with our next pick. I think Aleer may go between 30 to 35. It's hard to say because he did so well in the vertical jump. Whether we sign up Paddy or not will influence our draft strategy.

Can we sign Paddy McCartin as a delisted FA next week when all clubs can add delisted FA's?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    So they say we need defenders, midfielders and forwards. That's just about everything. I guess we finally have more than enough ruckmen. I'd hardly call that an analysis.

Anyway, I like the selection of players that might be available at our pick. We should get a decent player. Maybe we take a midfielder with pick 16 and hope one of the KPDs we like is available with our next pick. I think Aleer may go between 30 to 35. It's hard to say because he did so well in the vertical jump. Whether we sign up Paddy or not will influence our draft strategy.
    They say we need “key defenders, ball-winning midfielders, key forward depth and defensive run” I think we could do with another small forward too. Probably ok for wingmen.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Can we sign Paddy McCartin as a delisted FA next week when all clubs can add delisted FA's?
    Yes. But we may want the list spot vacant for the ND and list him in the next DFA period after the draft. If we are intent on taking him you'd assume there's a nudge and a nod to indicate that to him so he doesn't take up another offer elsewhere.

Brander will be signed as a DFA by GWS apparently, he was fleetingly in their academy before the AFL trimmed their catchment area.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    They say we need “key defenders, ball-winning midfielders, key forward depth and defensive run” I think we could do with another small forward too. Probably ok for wingmen.
    Did you ever hear of a club needing a midfielder who couldn't win the ball? Or wanting one, for that matter?

I think we're fine for small forwards. Papley, Hayward and Wicks are a very good trio. Campbell and Gulden can also play the role if we have and injury. And of course Heeney can slot in anytime. It's always good to have more midfield depth to allow for a bit of role switching when required, and I think we should be able to accomplish that through the next couple of drafts (as noted in my previous post).

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Yes. But we may want the list spot vacant for the ND and list him in the next DFA period after the draft. If we are intent on taking him you'd assume there's a nudge and a nod to indicate that to him so he doesn't take up another offer elsewhere.
    If Paddy knows that we are going to list him, then he doesn't need to register for the draft. Is that right? I'm not sure if he can be immediately listed as a rookie in the first DFA period, but certainly can post-draft. The rookie list is just a technicality these days.

Giants set to sign axed Eagle - AFL News - Zero Hanger

I thought he may of been of interest to the Swans ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"