Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Team Song - time to update?

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Now that that's all sorted perhaps we could redirect our attention to the word 'loyal.' Seems to me that loyalty is an outdated notion in a 2021 landscape where list overhauls, leaving for more midfield minute opportunities in a developing side, seeking out a club in a premiership window, and post season phone calls from your agent detail just how non-binding your contract is, have set a new standard.
    Maybe along the lines of, 'While our agile Swans are marching.........
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Could this be the cause of all the rain in Sydney perhaps?
    YLol. Can a man, a real man, just not eat his coon cheese, while reading green eggs and ham, and listen to the bloody footy on the wireless in peace !

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    YLol. Can a man, a real man, just not eat his coon cheese, while reading green eggs and ham, and listen to the bloody footy on the wireless in peace !

Ah Barry, there isn't often that we agree on many things, but you deserve a proper round of applause for that one!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ah Barry you've done it again. One of the few on RWO these days I can still have a laugh with.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 20th March 2021 at 07:39 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think we on RWO can take some of, actually a fair bit of, the credit for this change.

Straight after starting this thread I wrote to Tom Harley directly drawing this issue to his attention. He responded promptly and with appreciation saying he had not considered the issue but would raise it with the Board. I don't know for sure what happened next, but I think the club has since read this thread and taken on board our feedback - I see the hand of MightyBloods (post #10) and Meg (post #25) in particular in the latest version of the team song that the club has arrived at. I think the version the club has gone with has taken the best of what we canvassed and blended it into an excellent, an unobtrusively minimalist, change. It makes the song more inclusive and paves the way for the women's and girls' teams to come. Smooth work Swans!
    Bloodspirit!! Nailed it, mate.

My first thought when I read about this is that they must have read Meg's lyric suggestion.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I pay as little attention to the Western Bulldogs as possible so can anyone tell me if they, like us, have changed the words of their theme song so that it's relevant to both their men and women's teams ?

The first line of their song is/was "Sons of the West."

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I pay as little attention to the Western Bulldogs as possible so can anyone tell me if they, like us, have changed the words of their theme song so that it's relevant to both their men and women's teams ?

Used to be "sons of the 'Scray".

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post

Sons of Scott West?
    How about
    Throwers of the West?

'scum of the west'.

Now, from what I've seen of bulldog supporters they are more misogynistic than the right faction of the liberal party.

The Bulldog girls sing "Daughters of the west."

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    The Bulldog girls sing "Daughters of the west."
    Thanks Aardvark!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345