Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Giants scratch match

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I feel schadenfreude regarding GWS more strongly than any other entity.
    I think Hawthorn will retain that spot in my heart for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I can't tell whether you are being serious or not.
    That is what I was told by a player from the club. They will start with their best team, then roll players out depending on their load requirements across 6 quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    That is what I was told by a player from the club. They will start with their best team, then roll players out depending on their load requirements across 6 quarters.
    What a good idea pre-season. It will mean we (I mean the coaches) get a look at everyone.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think Ugg's question was one of mathematics rather than fact. Can you have six "quarters"?...

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think Ugg's question was one of mathematics rather than fact. Can you have six "quarters"?...
    Absolutely. Provided you have 1.5 of something.

Looks like we're now playing 10 quarters against GWS, as the AFL has just cancelled the Suns game and replaced it with this:
    Sunday, March 7
    GWS Giants v Sydney at Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Looks like we're now playing 10 quarters against GWS, as the AFL has just cancelled the Suns game and replaced it with this:
    Sunday, March 7
    GWS Giants v Sydney at Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT
    Bloody hell......a lot of us feared we be playing GWS twice as our early pre season preparation. Any reason given for the Suns game cancellation?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Bloody hell......a lot of us feared we be playing GWS twice as our early pre season preparation. Any reason given for the Suns game cancellation?
    They said that they didn't want any teams to travel because of the coronavirus risk. Which seems a bit odd, because I don't think that we've had any new, locally acquired cases?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    They said that they didn't want any teams to travel because of the coronavirus risk. Which seems a bit odd, because I don't think that we've had any new, locally acquired cases?
    Some old codger playing the pokies at Coolongatta Surf Club was heard sniffling yesterday so the entire state will have to go
    into lockdown, and our H & A season will now consist of 22 games against GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Some old codger playing the pokies at Coolongatta Surf Club was heard sniffling yesterday so the entire state will have to go
    into lockdown, and our H & A season will now consist of 22 games against GWS.
    Yes, even though I'm almost always on the side of caution, in the coronavirus debate, I don't really understand that one, since things have probably improved from when they originally named the games. Although, I don't suppose that it really matters who we play in the preseason.

What's the issue with playing GWS twice? Pre season is about us and fine tuning, not opposition at all

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    As a mathematician I object strongly to this contention

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast