Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Swans v Giants scratch match

These are all the home jumpers for anyone interested:

https://www.footyjumpers.com/swanshome.htm
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

7 players missing yesterday from the likely 22:
    Lloyd
    Stephens
    Cunningham
    Buddy
    McInerney
    Hewett
    Rampe

Players that will be hard to stop their trajectory into the best 22
    Errol
    Chad

Experienced players fighting to be in the 22 week to week
    Taylor
    Gray
    Clarke
    Hayward
    Brand
    Ronke
    Oriordan
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I stupidly assumed they would leave the stream available after the match... but I can't find it. Anyone seen it?
    read somewhere swans will try to get it up again on website during the week.

My take on this game is that they have learned to fight back and to keep going. So Kirky, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Benny in the mental mix here.
    Not a great game, but one to watch again with fresher eyes. Must admit Gulden caught my interest, and Liz (my favourite description from a while ago "a butchers pencil would have more meat on it") looks like he has grown into himself. As for Jimmy....we don't know what his role was on the day. Do we.

here you go lovelies! someone has uploaded the game on youtube! Thank you Riccardo! Thats me done for the morning; I want to see the third quarter again.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Good summary. Just want to point out that Mccartin was very impressive. Completed for the marks with Finlayson , a quality player and beat him every single time. Though his kicking was not always great.

Senior Player
    Very pleased with what I saw of Warner, very impressive, like a quicker version of Parker.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Wouldnt argue with any of that. But hes not without flaws and right now he's outside my best 22. Would not be shocked if he was outside the best 22 when the round 1 team is announced as well.
    This kid is first 22 every time. He is a star in the making. He is one of the best extracting mids in the comp. Why? Because he gets the ball out of impossible situations. Because his delivery, handballing and kicking is super. Just give it a break please.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by liz; 28th February 2021 at 02:51 PM. Reason: play the ball, not the man

Actually just the opposite , my best 22 would be very flexible. Many spots up for grabs for the players who want them. Warner and Bell wanted those spots more today.
    Bell was playing HF/Wing not inside mid. Warner will play as will Rowbottom.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Bell was playing HF/Wing not inside mid. Warner will play as will Rowbottom.

Competition for spots will be fierce, especially among the younger players. RB might be a future star but that won't save him if he continues putting in middling performances in the preseason. Warner could overtake him as an inside mid and force RB onto a wing or a HF flank, and then a Bell or a Gulden could overtake him. This preseason is an audition for these youngsters and whatever Rowbottom has done in the past years doesnt matter if he doesn't show something in the present. McInerney did not set the world on fire in his first year but by his second year he was playing in rd 1, because he had a good preseason and earned that spot. Warner and Bell are doing the same at the present while Rowbottom is cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    This kid is first 22 every time. He is a star in the making. He is one of the best extracting mids in the comp. Why? Because he gets the ball out of impossible situations. Because his delivery, handballing and kicking is super. Just give it a break please.

If he is all of those things then he needs to show it. What was yesterday ? One good goal and nothing else. That won't cut it and it won't help his case, which contrary to popular opinion I AM rooting for him to succeed. It is called tough love.

Rowbottom is cruising.
    Frankly, I just don't see it this way. I can't see the fall off in form or effort that you are seeing.

Rowbottom may well see more outside mid time this year with Mills coming into the on ball brigade and Florent also likely to see more time on-ball. And Warner's best position is clearly as an inside mid. We have a lot of inside mids, so we should see plenty of players in the midfield rotation.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Frankly, I just don't see it this way. I can't see the fall off in form or effort that you are seeing.

Rowbottom may well see more outside mid time this year with Mills coming into the on ball brigade and Florent also likely to see more time on-ball. And Warner's best position is clearly as an inside mid. We have a lot of inside mids, so we should see plenty of players in the midfield rotation.
    Maybe Florent will battle to keep his spot. I don't see him as a lock for best 22.