Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 membership packs

Accessed tickets and saved mine to the wallet. I also transferred one ticket to my friend without any problems. The only suggestion I have would be to allow members to just have one pass for the season, rather than loading up a seperate one for each game. I don't know if the reason for doing that is that the AFL have not released details of games after round 6 due to Covid planning.

Besides that it works ok.
    Last edited by Swanny40519; 22nd March 2021 at 11:27 AM.

Senior Player
    If they'd have told me in 1994 when we signed up that this would be happening 27 years later I never would have joined.
    Even GWS, most of whose membership is 15 years old have cards. And the club is wondering why a third of the membership
    from a couple years ago have disappeared. It's got nothing to do with losing too many games and Covid, it's stuff like this,
    trying to turn us into "phone people" like rest of the corporate world is always trying to do.

The suggestion a friend made to me is this is a Covid measure. Should we unfortunately have to once again limit attendance this could be achieved by programming the barriers to accept only certain ticket numbers.

Made sense to me.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I also transferred one ticket to my friend without any problems.
    What has been your friend's experience on receiving that transfer? Mine is having some issues. Wants him to log into a Swans e-account to access the ticket. Which he doesn't have. Because he's not a member. Because if he was a member, I wouldn't be bringing him on my second membership. Doh!

Veterans List
    Thanks all, worked this time when I reopened app - tix received, now just need some decent weather.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    What has been your friend's experience on receiving that transfer? Mine is having some issues. Wants him to log into a Swans e-account to access the ticket. Which he doesn't have. Because he's not a member. Because if he was a member, I wouldn't be bringing him on my second membership. Doh!
    Hmmm, that's interesting as I confidently predict my Pies supporting missus won't have the Swans app on her phone.

He received it ok - but fortunately he is a member. I cannot get to one game so I sent my spare ticket to him.

I thought I read somewhere that it was an AFL directive to move to digital only where possible this year. Seems an utter mess to say the least thus far - lets hope they get it in order sooner rather than later.

Saying that, I was impressed that the process for getting 'seats' for red zone (including a guest pass) worked as well as it did last week. Only complaint I would have is not being able to choose even broadly where we wanted to sit. But all in all, compared to most ticketek/ticketmaster interactions, it went very smoothly. No sign yet of the actual tickets however
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

As I don't have a games membership pack and don't live in Sydney, i can only get to the occasional game and in the past have purchased a ticket at the ground. With this digital only ticket system as mentioned by various posters, can one still purchase a ticket at the ground?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    As I don't have a games membership pack and don't live in Sydney, i can only get to the occasional game and in the past have purchased a ticket at the ground. With this digital only ticket system as mentioned by various posters, can one still purchase a ticket at the ground?
    Don't think so. Not this year. There was something up on the Swans' website about a fortnight ago about accessing games this year.

2021 membership packs

Liz, is it a Swans e-account he needs to log into or a Ticketmaster account? Perhaps the latter as I think they handle ticketing arrangements.

Useful to set one up if he doesn’t already have one.

Don't think so. Not this year. There was something up on the Swans' website about a fortnight ago about accessing games this year.
    At least not for the majority of the season I wouldn't think. Maybe come 2nd half of the season there might be enough relaxation in restrictions etc to allow general sale at the ground, but some way off surely.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just received my Melbourne Gold Membership pack via Aussie Post courier! I got the cap (instead of beanie) and 2021 premiership club scarf which I both like, plus the other usual goodies including a face mask! (I now have 4 having bought a set of 3 from the Swans Shop a while back. All different designs).

Noticed no membership card with lynard, which is sad as I've been collecting them every year since 1993. Membership will now be required to be downloaded via Sydney Swans App as some of you have already eluded. Rather have the "real thing" (cue Russell Morris) but can understand this could be a cost factor in these tight financial times moving forward.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast