Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1: Brisbane v Swans @ the Gabba

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Sinclair over McDonald just seems to me to be being conservative for the sake of it. What's the point of 'experience' when it isn't going to result in a better performance. Sinclair won't get up the ground as much and is poor when the ball hits the deck. We know McDonald is going to offer more, so play him.

As for the other comments, yes Hayward underperformed last week, but I can't see us taking marking targets out when they're in meagre supply.
    I agree with this. The only reason McDonald shouldn't play over Sinclair and Reid if it comes to it, is if we're managing him. I hope he's in for Round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I agree with this. The only reason McDonald shouldn't play over Sinclair and Reid if it comes to it, is if we're managing him. I hope he's in for Round 1.
    Agree, even if he gets towelled up by Harris Andrews. He's got to start learning somewhere and there's no time like the present.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Agree, even if he gets towelled up by Harris Andrews. He's got to start learning somewhere and there's no time like the present.
    Tell Jack Watts that

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Tell Jack Watts that
    Good point, I watched the Brisbane game and they were massive in the second half. Debut McDonald against the Cows at the SCG in R2, much easier intro to the AFL

We need a defensive forward too on Daniel Rich. Having that would cut some of their ball movement. I reckon they will try and do atleast 3 tags or run with roles. Daniel Rich, lachie Neale, and Hugh Mclugagge. Daniel rich and Neale are probably easy to tag but Hugh is difficult.
    We control these 3 we will be close to their total. They have classy midfielders but these are the three that get it moving through some traffic.

Tell Jack Watts that
    McDonald is already better than Watts ever was.

Senior Player
    Looking forward to this game it’s been awhile since I’ve been to the football in Brisbane and it brings to mind when in 2014 I watched a young fella called Aliir Aliir make his debut for the Swans.
    I could see some potential then and part of me still thinks letting him go may have been a decision that we may potentially regret. Having said that I am looking forward to seeing a number of our new faces start their journey in the red and white in this match and I feel this is the most exciting group of debutants ( assuming they are all selected ) that we have seen or will see for many years.
    The AFL attempts at equalisation has some merit but it hasn’t helped us over the last couple of decades.
    However we at least are spared the tankathon practices of the NBA where “ supporters “ bag their teams for winning games 😀💰💰

Tell Jack Watts that
    Wasn't he playing against mature bodies in the WAFL? I think he's ready to play.

We went for him early because he was the best forward in the draft year. Let him play - let's see what he can do.

When he came on in the second half against GWS, we looked like a different team going forward. He straightened us up. Gave us a leading target who actually marked a contested ball in our forward half and took it upon himself to kick for goal. We've been crying out for a tall forward who can do that (while Buds is injured).

If we are serious about trying to win every game, then we should play him in favour of Reid and Sinclair. The only consideration should be managing his body.

Tell Jack Watts that
    Jack Watts is a very different case. His experienced teammates did not support or protect him at all. The coach mishandled the whole situation

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Wasn't he playing against mature bodies in the WAFL? I think he's ready to play.

We went for him early because he was the best forward in the draft year. Let him play - let's see what he can do.

When he came on in the second half against GWS, we looked like a different team going forward. He straightened us up. Gave us a leading target who actually marked a contested ball in our forward half and took it upon himself to kick for goal. We've been crying out for a tall forward who can do that (while Buds is injured).

If we are serious about trying to win every game, then we should play him in favour of Reid and Sinclair. The only consideration should be managing his body.
    Exactly this.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    However we at least are spared the tankathon practices of the NBA where “ supporters “ bag their teams for winning games 😀💰💰
    Gotta ask, the NBA has a lottery system, presumably to remove the guaranteed reward for tanking. So why do they want their team to tank?
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 14th March 2021 at 12:27 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Throwing two Kings into Round 1 didn’t hurt them, as I recall. And, structurally speaking McDonald is AT LEAST as important to us. Has to play for mine

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast