Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 1: the other games. Are we there yet? Yes; yes we are.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Apparently Matt Rowell has just suffered a knee injury over in Perth, not sure how bad. He's been subbed out of the game. Poor kid....
    Hope its not serious after zero luck last year!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Apparently Matt Rowell has just suffered a knee injury over in Perth, not sure how bad. He's been subbed out of the game. Poor kid....
    Yes, it is a shame. I didn't look that bad at first, as he was walking okay, but they're saying it might be his season gone. Not saying if it's a suspected ACL or PCL. I thought it was an ankle or plantar injury originally, as his ankle looked to have been bent back strangely in the tackle, while his knee didn't really seem to twist. Obviously we'll find out the extent, in the next couple of days.

Other than that, the game is quite similar to ours. The Suns gave the Eagles a three goal start, before gradually turning the tide and getting in front in the second quarter.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The poor kid. I really hope it isn't serious and he can overcome this.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

It would be a tragedy if it’s season ending. He was the best first year player in a generation last year and a few experts tipped him for the Brownlow this year.

Fingers crossed it’s minor

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Possibly another big upset coming. Gold Coast giving the Eagles a very hard time at the moment.

Veterans List
    Matt Rowell set to miss half the season. Frustrating and unfair on the kid.....and the luckless Suns.

Rowell avoids surgery, but set for lengthy stint on sidelines

Matt Rowell set to miss half the season. Frustrating and unfair on the kid.....and the luckless Suns.

Rowell avoids surgery, but set for lengthy stint on sidelines
    Still, half a season is better than the whole season; as was originally feared.

Senior Player
    Not footy but another game. Matt Jones won the Honda Classic PGA tour event yesterday morning our time in Florida by 5 shots.
    A great win on a brute of a course. All class from the two time Australian Open winner.

I went to the Giants v St Kilda game. I dont think you could read much about anything from the results. Both teams could have won, and were missing a heap of players. Giants used to have a forward line of Cameron, Findlayson and Riccardi. One left, and the other two didnt play. When you have Keefe as your key forward, times are tough. St Kilda also had a heap of players out.

I think both will be around the bottom of the 8. Giants simply lack composure. I'm sure a new coach or the equivalent of a Don Pyke assistant is what they need.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I went to the Giants v St Kilda game. I dont think you could read much about anything from the results. Both teams could have won, and were missing a heap of players. Giants used to have a forward line of Cameron, Findlayson and Riccardi. One left, and the other two didnt play. When you have Keefe as your key forward, times are tough. St Kilda also had a heap of players out.

I think both will be around the bottom of the 8. Giants simply lack composure. I'm sure a new coach or the equivalent of a Don Pyke assistant is what they need.
    We went too. It wasn't a bad game considering the conditions. And yes, either team could have won. I guess I would have thought
    Himmelberg was their key forward. He had a good game, as did their new vice captain, the Toby. I'd put the Giants in the 6th to 10th
    range.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    We went too. It wasn't a bad game considering the conditions. And yes, either team could have won. I guess I would have thought
    Himmelberg was their key forward. He had a good game, as did their new vice captain, the Toby. I'd put the Giants in the 6th to 10th
    range.
    Fully fit, I'm not sure how their forward line would function:
    Himmelberg, Hogan, Perryman?
    Toby, Findlayson, Riccardi

Looks a bit top heavy. But I guess Hogan is a long shot so maybe its:
    Daniels, Himmelberg, Perryman
    Toby, Findlayson, Riccardi.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Fully fit, I'm not sure how their forward line would function:
    Himmelberg, Hogan, Perryman?
    Toby, Finlayson, Riccardi

Looks a bit top heavy. But I guess Hogan is a long shot so maybe its:
    Daniels, Himmelberg, Perryman
    Toby, Finlayson, Riccardi.
    Probably the latter six. But then Perryman maybe is better up the ground? Even without Cameron, they are
    still have three tall forwards which is handy. It'll be interesting to see how the troubled Hogan works out for them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast