Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 v Adelaide at the SCG

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    No brainer. Get the Budwa in. Straight swap for RB with Warner playing permanent mid
    Now you're just taking the mickey, TB.
    Becoming the 2021 version of a pest from a couple of years back.
    Not a memory we wish to revisit.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    No brainer. Get the Budwa in. Straight swap for RB with Warner playing permanent mid
    I hope your just being sarcastic bit I fear not. RB had 22 disposals, 8 tackles and 3 clearances....with a dodgy knee. One of our best. Seriously, even if you're joking, you should give it a rest.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st March 2021 at 05:53 PM.

Veterans List
    Deleted....irrelevant.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 21st March 2021 at 05:47 PM.

Can you change that 22? Assuming RB is good to go again, it's tough to drop one for anyone except Bud (if fit)

As much as McLean did a good job yesterday, if Bud is ready to go it is a straight swap. If Rowbottom is deemed unfit, I'd get Stephens into the side. Not a like for like but just get the best talent into the team.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    As much as McLean did a good job yesterday, if Bud is ready to go it is a straight swap. If Rowbottom is deemed unfit, I'd get Stephens into the side. Not a like for like but just get the best talent into the team.

Yes; yes. Tea leaves suggest Buddy will be in.

Buddy for McLean makes the most sense.

Hopefully we don’t change our style and become too Buddy centric though. Would like to see Reid, Heeney and McDonald still predominately used, especially if Buddy takes the #1 defender.

Goes up to 11
    Doesn't sound to me like Buddy has had sufficient build up the be ready next week. It wouldn't worry me if he's held out for another week or two.

Likewise I guess the reference to Rowbottom being out would be if his knee doesn't come up too well. He'd be a huge loss but I'd rather we rest him if injured as it's a long season, he's young, and he's integral to our success.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    That to me appears to be the most reasonable change to make per say. As Captain says though, hope we don't seek to become too Buddy centric, especially in early weeks where he will still be building up fitness.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

#DesignatedDecoy

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Top trolling
    Suggesting one of the great players of all time come in for a player who just injured his knee is trolling ? Ok I give up then

An idea on how to proceed .. The Blood’s views on Rowbottom are shared by no one. Nevertheless they are allowed to have that opinion. It doesnt have to make sense to us. TB if you must - keep on taking your shots at him if you think he is that much of a problem. You are right that hes not the only target of your ire. Let us do our best to ignore the opinions on RB that we can not change and respond to your other opinions which at least contribute to the discussions.

Sound good everyone ??

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast