Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 (the Buddy beauty round): the other games.

I thought it was a bit out of character for Gary Rohan to shack up with a lady trainer while his wife and baby are at home too.
    Maybe we don't know his true character.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I see Gary Rohan has copped two weeks for his behind the play hit on Lachie Neale last night. While he was retaliating at the time, it did seem a bit out of character for Gaz. It had a fair amount of malice. He wasn't having a good night, ending up with 5 disposals IIRC.
    Sadly 5 disposals sounds pretty much like a normal night for him. Oh how I still blame that awful leg break for stuffing what could have been a great career. Never the same on the field after that.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Dees v Saints is a pretty poor game skills wise. Adelaide and Swans looked a lot more skilled and fluent than these alleged top 8 teams.

North confirming their status as wooden spoon favourites. 44 points down against the Suns at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Maybe. I think I'm with barry.
    I chose to leave comments on his personal traits to go through to the keeper!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I chose to leave comments on his personal traits to go through to the keeper!
    Judiciously. I'm going to delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Great to see RWOers maintaining the rage!!

For anyone under the age of 30 who might not be aware of the situation, read this:

On This Day: Swans survive.... Just

I think this article slightly underplays Carlton's role in our near demise. Let's hope they continue to fail - they deserve to!
    Sorry to come in late on this discussion but I did post about Carlton for the same reason in the "Swans Rivalries" thread. I'll never forget smug female news reader on MMM saying "bye bye Swans" thinking our demise will be sealed the following day. This was just 3 years before Fitzroy's demise. We were so fortunate to survive that and then rebuild so quickly to become perennial finalists from 96 onwards to where we are now.

Edit: It gave me so much pleasure in 2005 when we won the Flag that Carlton won the Wooden Spoon!
    Last edited by KSAS; 28th March 2021 at 10:27 AM.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Sorry to come in late on this discussion but I did post about Carlton for the same reason in the "Swans Rivalries" thread. I'll never forget smug female news reader on MMM saying "bye bye Swans" thinking our demise will be sealed the following day. This was just 3 years before Fitzroy's demise. We were so fortunate to survive that and then rebuild so quickly to become perennial finalists from 96 onwards to where we are now.

Edit: It gave me so much pleasure in 2005 when we won the Flag that Carlton won the Wooden Spoon!
    Mid to late October, 1992, our survival was a day to day proposition. I remember waking up each morning during that time and turning on the radio to see if my club still existed. South Melbourne's move to Sydney was gut wrenching but tolerable - I knew that I still had the club I love and I would be Swans for life, no matter where the club was based. For me, October 1992 was much, much worse. We nearly didn't make it!

Mid to late October, 1992, our survival was a day to day proposition. I remember waking up each morning during that time and turning on the radio to see if my club still existed. South Melbourne's move to Sydney was gut wrenching but tolerable - I knew that I still had the club I love and I would be Swans for life, no matter where the club was based. For me, October 1992 was much, much worse. We nearly didn't make it!
    I can’t even imagine how that felt. The fact that another team would revel in that is deplorable and then you had North trying to steal our supporters away and move into the Sydney market.

It’s why I have a very special hate for both them and Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game against Richmond will be a real test of where we are. If we can execute our skills in the face of the extreme pressure the Tigers bring, them we might be a threat this year.

Will need to stop Dusty - he is having a day out against the Hawks.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Unusual occurrence at the Bulldogs/Eagles game. The umpires gave a free kick against the Bulldogs for throwing the ball.
    Last edited by Sandridge; 28th March 2021 at 05:17 PM.

Unusual occurrence at the Bulldogs/Eagles game. The umpires gave a free kick against the Bulldogs for throwing the ball.
    Although it would be nice if they pinged Liberatore, as well. He's probably even worse.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast