View Poll Results: What do you think of the new, aurally enhanced" SCG matchday experience

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it. J Lo loved it. It was wild!

    1 2.38%
  • Meh, who cares?

    0 0%
  • Shut the xxxx up!

    41 97.62%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 159

Thread: Let's Get LOUD aka the match day experience thread (split thread)

  1. #1

    Let's Get LOUD aka the match day experience thread (split thread)

    On a more distracting note, did anyone else at the game find the volume level of the completely unnecessary music after every goal unpleasant? I was reduced to putting earplugs in, and any chance of discussion with my companions after great pieces of play were impossible. Where we were sitting, until I managed to find the earplugs at the bottom of the pack, it was actually physically painful.
    Last edited by liz; 30th March 2021 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Copied the relevant section of the post to kick off a new thread

  2. #2
    Captain of the Side Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Beaches
    Posts
    3,080

    Match day experience (split thread)

    Yep agree, the music after each goal was absolutely shocking. Why in gods name did someone think that would be a good idea??

  3. #3
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yep agree, the music after each goal was absolutely shocking. Why in gods name did someone think that would be a good idea??
    It's like the rules committee. The main reason there are endless rules changes is to justify the existence of the committee.
    Somewhere at the SCG there will be a Customer Engagement Dept or some such who never existed ten years ago and to justify their
    paycheck they'll be googling constantly and trying to come up with another dumb ass "initiative". This is why we have a welfare system.
    So people can be kept and not have to inflict torture on others as a so-called job.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed the game, and actually found it encouraging that some of our senior players weren’t at their best, but we still had daylight between us and another young team on the up. The umpiring was the apogee of inconsistency, or possibly the nadir. Matthew Nicholls has always been officiously pedantic, but yesterday that was accompanied by awful decision making from all three umpires.
    On a more distracting note, did anyone else at the game find the volume level of the completely unnecessary music after every goal unpleasant? I was reduced to putting earplugs in, and any chance of discussion with my companions after great pieces of play were impossible. Where we were sitting, until I managed to find the earplugs at the bottom of the pack, it was actually physically painful.
    I went to the game with my dad and we spent half the game whinging about the music. We had to yell at each other to make conversation and ruined the atmosphere and any Swans chanting and yelling after goals. Absolutely ridiculous. Since we hadn't been to the game for a while we werent sure if it was always this bad?

  5. #5
    ... not to mention the unrelenting, noisy and pointless banter at half-time which made it impossible to have a simple catch-up with neighboring fans. Also, no banner, they're messing with the formula!

  6. #6
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yep agree, the music after each goal was absolutely shocking. Why in gods name did someone think that would be a good idea??
    I believe this is not just a minor whinge from supporters.

    This is becoming a serious problem if you can't have a conversation with your seat neighbour.

    I found the constant drumming background, the super loud music and the half time ravings at top volume to be invasive and offensive.

    And as for the after goal blasts, I'm speechless.

    My intention is to contact the Trust and the Swans directly to complain along these lines.

    Someone has to accept responsibility and initiate moves to eliminate , or reduce the impact of these intrusions.

    And remembering that I thought that Sweet Caroline' was bad!

  7. #7
    Swans2win graemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Randwick, Sydney.
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I believe this is not just a minor whinge from supporters.

    This is becoming a serious problem if you can't have a conversation with your seat neighbour.

    I found the constant drumming background, the super loud music and the half time ravings at top volume to be invasive and offensive.

    And as for the after goal blasts, I'm speechless.

    My intention is to contact the Trust and the Swans directly to complain along these lines.

    Someone has to accept responsibility and initiate moves to eliminate , or reduce the impact of these intrusions.

    And remembering that I thought that Sweet Caroline' was bad!
    I’ve been at a loss to explain how anyone can be entertained by noise. I pay for Spotify if I want to listen to my playlists. I am so angry that somebody who clearly has no connection with the passion for FOOTY that drives fans can serve up this drivel.

    I am currently writing to both the Trust and The Swans protesting that my joy is being disturbed by someone else’s taste.

    I don’t mind the stuff during the intervals but please nothing during the actual match.

  8. #8
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    keysborough
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I’ve been at a loss to explain how anyone can be entertained by noise. I pay for Spotify if I want to listen to my playlists. I am so angry that somebody who clearly has no connection with the passion for FOOTY that drives fans can serve up this drivel.

    I am currently writing to both the Trust and The Swans protesting that my joy is being disturbed by someone else’s taste.

    I don’t mind the stuff during the intervals but please nothing during the actual match.
    Big +1

  9. #9
    Captain of the Side Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Beaches
    Posts
    3,080
    Members need to contact the Swans membership department and let them know their feelings about the “after goal” music/noise!

  10. #10
    Pushing for Selection
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Members need to contact the Swans membership department and let them know their feelings about the “after goal” music/noise!
    Already have. Soon unnecessary.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Members need to contact the Swans membership department and let them know their feelings about the “after goal” music/noise!
    I’ve written to both the Swans’ Membership department and the SCG Trust. I’ve been a member for over 20 years, but this will be the end of this level of membership (relatively high) if it’s not sorted out. Amazing that those responsible didn’t learn last year how much the noise of the crowd, the cheering, the chanting, contributes to the game.

  12. #12
    Ditch the music now!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO