Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3: the other games. The look who's 0/3 round.

Round 3: the other games. The look who's 0/3 round.

The first game of the round is tonight's Collingwood v Brisbane clash at the MCG. Collingwood are clear favourites in this, but I'm not sure why. Maybe they think Brodie Grundy will dominate against a replacement ruckman and everything will flow from there? Maybe it's Brisbane's travels? Maybe it's cashed up bogans going the plunge on the Pies? But anyway, I tend to think that Brisbane are too good a side to end the round at 0/3.

One side that's not too good to be 0/3 is North Melbourne, who play the Western Bulldogs tomorrow afternoon. Last year, they embarked on the sort of list cull, that may have made sense fifteen years ago, when tanking teams got priority picks at the top of the draft. But now, it's more likely to result in years of pain, before they eventually recover enough to be labelled mediocre.

Not long ago, it was taboo to play on Good Friday, but now we have two games: the other one being between Gold Coast and Adelaide. This should be a fun game, with both teams having attacking mindsets and plenty of talented young players.

First up on Saturday is us versus Richmond. Richmond's odds keep on getting tighter, but I reckon we have a reasonable chance of an upset. I certainly think, that there will be times when we'll look like the better side, but whether there'll be enough of those times for a win, I'm not sure? Should be fun to watch, though, as we'll essentially be trying to out-Richmond, Richmond; with fast break football and pressure on the ball carrier.

Next game is St Kilda v Essendon. Speaking of 0/3.

This is followed by a Saturday night special: West Coast v Port. West Coast have an imposing forward line, Port have started the season like genuine premiership contenders. Both sides should be finalists. Hey, a Richmond loss and a Port win, might see new premiership favourites.

On Sunday it's Carlton v Fremantle and GWS v Melbourne. Both Carlton and GWS are at risk of going 0/3. If that occurs, will it be definitive proof that GWS stuffed up their drafting, since Carlton have a heap of players originally drafted by GWS?

The round finishes on Monday with Geelong v Hawthorn. I think that I mentioned in the rivalries thread, that the team I enjoy us beating the most is Hawthorn. So, go Geelong.

Veterans List
    Agree with you on tonight's game.....I'm tipping the Lions and like you, not sure why Collingwood are favourites. Jumping to Monday, yes go Geelong. I get a lot of satisfaction when we beat Hawthorn but nearly as much when the Cats do it. The 'Kennett Curse' years were hugely enjoyable.

As for us v Tigers.....while I believe we can definitely cause an upset, we could also get a reality check.....but I think we will be very competitive. Should be a great game.....fast and exciting footy.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Half way through the second quarter and the Pies are well on top, unfortunately!

Brisbane looks clueless at the moment.

And as soon as I write that, Lions kick 3 straight and are back in it!
    Last edited by Sandridge; 1st April 2021 at 08:46 PM.

Did not realise that Lions are so poor with their forward entries. They are absolutely playing to the advantage of Darcy and Jeremy Howe. So much for being Daniher centric.

How quickly things change

Hit outs at half time 38-2. Lions need to do something about that, but I'm not sure what? Perhaps something like what occurred during our preseason game. We didn't nominate a ruck, and soon as the Giants ruck took possession, he was crash tackled by Parker. Although: happens once, it's quite amusing; happens three or four times, it may not be in the spirit of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Agree with you on tonight's game.....I'm tipping the Lions and like you, not sure why Collingwood are favourites. Jumping to Monday, yes go Geelong. I get a lot of satisfaction when we beat Hawthorn but nearly as much when the Cats do it. The 'Kennett Curse' years were hugely enjoyable.

As for us v Tigers.....while I believe we can definitely cause an upset, we could also get a reality check.....but I think we will be very competitive. Should be a great game.....fast and exciting footy.
    A credible loss against Richmond and Hawthorn being beaten: I'd probably still be happy.

The forward entries of both teams are awful but at least it's close now! C'mon Lions!

Cmon Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Cmon Lions
    +1000

Wow

Regular in the Side
    HO 63-4 Lions lost without a ruck. Fantastic result Lions by one point with a goal to Zac Bailey at the death. What a redemption for last week.

OMG Lions!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast