Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 170

Thread: Pre-match Discussion: Round 4 V Bombers @SCG

  1. #1
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    535

    Pre-match Discussion: Round 4 V Bombers @SCG

    As Liz created a Game Day Thread yesterday, it reminds me that we should really have two threads every round. In the past, we usually had "Changes for Round X" first and then followed by a "Match Thread" on the Game Day.

    So let's have that again for the coming rounds. But instead of Changes for Round 4, I prefer to label it "Pre-match Discussion for Round 4" basically because all who played yesterday deserve to keep their places in the team and no change is required.

    Having said that, we appreciate that at least Buddy will return and someone will have to go out. I am not sure if it has just been random luck but we are ding quite well with very few injuries so far. Our key strength and conditioning staff are newly recruited this year and from the Tigers and the Cats and apparently so far so good. I think we should trust them to decide who need a rest after the taxing game yesterday with a shorter break!

  2. #2
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,316
    We used to have several threads for each round and it was hard to keep track of things. It was difficult to reference things that were posted leading up to the match, then the match itself and then the follow up discussion.

    We changed this to having 1 thread to for each round for the Swans' match and another thread for other games in the round. I think this works best.

    I implore the mods to maintain (return to) the 1 thread per round format.

  3. #3
    It may be Logan out Franklin in. And one mid out - no idea who - no one deserves to go out but maybe it’s just management of players. Get Stephens or our favourite Rowbottom in.
    Darcy Parish, Zach Merrett, McGrath and stringer most important. But watching the St kilda game, it was a walk in the park for Essendon. They haven’t really played well at SCG so it would be a great challenge for them.

  4. #4
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We used to have several threads for each round and it was hard to keep track of things. It was difficult to reference things that were posted leading up to the match, then the match itself and then the follow up discussion.

    We changed this to having 1 thread to for each round for the Swans' match and another thread for other games in the round. I think this works best.

    I implore the mods to maintain (return to) the 1 thread per round format.
    I still think that two threads for each round is better. There are now so many posts in the Round 3 Game Day Thread talking about Ins and Outs for Round 4 and that's confusing. Moreover, Game Day Match Threads usually have a large number of rushed and hasty short bursts of emotional interjections written during games that most would not bother to read every post thoroughly.

  5. #5
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I still think that two threads for each round is better. There are now so many posts in the Round 3 Game Day Thread talking about Ins and Outs for Round 4 and that's confusing. Moreover, Game Day Match Threads usually have a large number of rushed and hasty short bursts of emotional interjections written during games that most would not bother to read every post thoroughly.
    The length of the thread is not a problem. Every post is time stamped, so it's easy to isolate the time period of a set of posts, like what gets posted during the match.

    I will give 1 example of why a single thread is best. I think we can predict that TheBloods will have many prematch posts about how picking RB will be detrimental to us winning the match. Then suppose we do select RB for the match and we go on to lose the match. I'm sure we will all want to reference TheBloods prematch posts so we can congratulate him on being correct. But if we separate the round into 2 or more threads, we won't be able to do this. TheBloods might find this ego-deflating experience so shattering that he will stop expressing his opinion on players, to the detriment of all.

  6. #6
    Regular in the side.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    397
    What I would like to see next Thursday is the SGC full of red and white. Hopefully many of previous years members will be excited and interested enough to purchase membership, as the club really needs the financial boost that would come from more membership.

    The way the team is playing they deserve all the support we can give them.

    Go Bloods !!!!!

  7. #7
    I echo that sentiment, Swanny.

  8. #8
    Captain of the Side Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Northern Beaches
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    It may be Logan out Franklin in. And one mid out - no idea who - no one deserves to go out but maybe it’s just management of players. Get Stephens or our favourite Rowbottom in.
    Darcy Parish, Zach Merrett, McGrath and stringer most important. But watching the St kilda game, it was a walk in the park for Essendon. They haven’t really played well at SCG so it would be a great challenge for them.
    No chance Logan will go out.

  9. #9
    Assuming everyone is fit after the pasting of the Tigers:
    In Franklin Rowbottom
    Out McLean JMac
    Amazing after such a performance, we can leave out 2 guys who did well.

    Also love to get Stephens, Ling and Gould in for a game but at our current rate, it's going to take an injury.

  10. #10
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    14,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We used to have several threads for each round and it was hard to keep track of things. It was difficult to reference things that were posted leading up to the match, then the match itself and then the follow up discussion.

    We changed this to having 1 thread to for each round for the Swans' match and another thread for other games in the round. I think this works best.

    I implore the mods to maintain (return to) the 1 thread per round format.
    We've had a pre-match (often labelled as "changes") and a match day thread for as long as I can remember and it's always seemed to work well. I don't see any particular reason to change that.

  11. #11
    The SCG will be buzzing on Thursday because the Swans are playing attractive football that delights the crowd and the biggest marketing asset is back (Buddy).

    SCG packs out when there is attractive football with charismatic footballers playing:

    1986 - 87 - Capper, Healy Williams
    1996 - Pluggar and Kelly
    2005 - Goodes and Hall
    2014 - Buddy, Kurt and Kennedy

    This era has Buddy and the kids.

    I think the SCG will fill to its Covert capacity.

  12. #12
    It will be great to see the big crowds back at the SCG.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO