Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chad Warner - Round 3 Rising Star nominee

Chad is the second coming of Paul Kelly. Still waiting for the second coming of Warwick Capper...........

Veterans List
    The Australian newspaper reporting that Warner has signed for another 2 years - great news!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    A funny part of Chad's performance was how pumped he got after that goal.

A few minutes later - just before the half time siren - he burst from the middle again, had Wicks and Reid free around 30m to 40m from goal, and just went - nah, I'm gonna bang this one through from 60m. Predictably came up a bit shy and offline. Normally, you'd castigate a young fella for that - but in the context of the game, no one cared.
    It was his fifth game. He is still learning what he can do at the top level. Mistakes can be expected from time to time. I would rather see players taking the game on and missing a shot at goal than a few dud handballs in the backline that concedes a goal to the opposition.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    The Australian newspaper reporting that Warner has signed for another 2 years - great news!
    Hun is saying the same thing.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

"The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that the 19-year-old West Australian, the No.39 pick in the 2019 draft, has re-signed for two more seasons in a coup for the Swans."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    It was his fifth game. He is still learning what he can do at the top level. Mistakes can be expected from time to time. I would rather see players taking the game on and missing a shot at goal than a few dud handballs in the backline that concedes a goal to the opposition.
    Don't get me wrong: I wasn't bagging him at all. There'll be another day to pick him up on it. That the adrenaline was pumping through him and he went bold is part of what made our play that day so compelling, and frankly, had Richmond spooked. I was just laughing at the fact his brain was clearly so over-stimulated he thought he had a 60+m kick in him. It was brilliant.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    If he gets help
    He's not the only gun player in our team.

Saw Chad shopping at the supermarket with his very pretty girlfriend (hope she's from SYD), and had a chat with him. This was after the 1st game 2021.

He was surprised someone recognised him, he was a lovely bloke and his chest pumped out perceptibly when I told his partner she had herself a winner.

He was humble, polite and I think he needs to get used to people recognising him now.

p.s. I told him he's Joeys replacement as he's got "the bull about him".

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Impressive stat in the Footy Live app

Chad Warner has recorded 15 kicks into the forward 50 - ranked equal 12th in the AFL. The side has scored from 67% of his kicks - ranked No. 1 of the top-20

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Impressive stat in the Footy Live app

Chad Warner has recorded 15 kicks into the forward 50 - ranked equal 12th in the AFL. The side has scored from 67% of his kicks - ranked No. 1 of the top-20
    I don't think it's because Chad is an exceptionally elite kick or decision maker. But because he decides quickly to break lines and gets the footy in quick, and often long. In an era where defences set up as a unit, and attacking teams proceed with caution, it's really refreshing to see Warner just take the game on and go. A defenders worst nightmare is a footy coming in red hot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    A defenders worst nightmare is a footy coming in red hot.
    Not a shark infested goalsquare?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123