Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Changes for Round 5: Swans vs GWS

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I like these weekly ratings written by someone who knows our team: Player ratings: Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Round 5, 2021.
    Harsh on Stephens. He was only on for 10 minutes.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Pardon if someone has already raised this, but there was an incident where Buddy marked the ball and was all set to line up on the posts when the umpire called play on and Buddy got jumped.
    Do others recall this? Buddy was very put out but had to abide by the ruling. Another goal was all we ever wanted!
    And both of Parker's kicks at goal were just short. It's all part of the game

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greeng View Post
    Franklin just gets in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Pretty disrespectful. Kicked 5 straight, 5 contested marks and tackled hard all night. Also: 955 goals.
    I'm assuming greeng was joking. But I'm hoping that we don't return to 90% of all entries into 50 being of the "Bomb it to Buddy" variety.
    The resultant increase in predictability, together with the years he's played, may result in more goals for Buddy, but make it increasingly likely to result in less goals for the team as a whole.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I'm assuming greeng was joking. But I'm hoping that we don't return to 90% of all entries into 50 being of the "Bomb it to Buddy" variety.
    The resultant increase in predictability, together with the years he's played, may result in more goals for Buddy, but make it increasingly likely to result in less goals for the team as a whole.
    Agree we have reverted back to bomb into the forward line game plan. With Reid in the ruck part time and Heeney out, I am not sold on this as the best option.

Mummy is always out to hurt a player or 2 and just unfortunately it was our rucks late in the game. Hope Hickey returns soon as I am convinced he is a good draft option. We need to have faith in Melican as he is next best back to take a tall.

Giants were harder at the ball for most of the game and we had a few 5 - 10 min spurts. Need more..

Agree some kids are now attracting tags and need to work through how to play with a tag.

A loss we needed to have it is just unfortunate it was against the flaming giants.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930