Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5: Swans vs GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Naismith needs reserves games under his belt just to see if his body can stand up. Finally we are winning centre clearances with Tom in the guts. He is just about the best ruckman at the caper at this stage of the season.
    Absolutely. I was just thinking that's it's so good to see him running, but before he gets a game, he's got to prove that his body is up to it and his fitness is aces. Hickey's second efforts pushing back and forward, tackling etc has been superb. I would have Tom in every day of the week atm.

Hickey as well as being good at clearances is quite mobile and can also take marks inside 50. He is also an excellent kick. Naismith is more of a traditional tap ruckmen and is less mobile than Hickey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Here we go:

Out: Bell, truly useless, why he was there is beyond me

Useless kicks to the side instead of taking the game on through the corridor

Blakey, sick of his cheap shots on opposition players

IN: Stephens; what has he done to not be included in the team?

Rowbottom, we need some class back in the team!

And yet again we had the appalling music screaming after every goal; why??
    Stephens had a late start to the season due to surgery. Two players will go out of our team.

Heeney; Preferably replaced by a forward or a player who can kick goals. Hayward or Stephens would be adequate but that will mean some tweaking if Stephens comes in.

Rampe; Will need to be replaced by a backman. Melican was BOG in the reserves practice match. Blakey's head might well be on the chopping block. Rowbottom for Blakey. Stephens to the wing. Kennedy to do more forward work as I think Parker, Rowbottom, Florent, Warner, Stephens, Mills, even Hewett will have the mids covered.

But I expect Hewett to get the job on Toby Greene. If that fails, then Lloyd will take him. Pity Fox is still injured as he would be the perfect candidate with no Rampe. I expect Melican to play on Finlayson and McCartin to play on Himmelberg

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Yesterday's training gallery snaps feature prominent coverage of Wilbur Hayward and Rowbottom, plus multiples of Bud
    Bruce used to sound like he was having multiples whenever he saw Buddy
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Particularly as Dylan S isn't from Adelaide Red Cliffs junior Dylan Stephens drafted to Sydney Swans
    Dylan Stephens was drafted from Norwood, SA. He might be from Mildura but he was boarding sat St Peter's College, Adelaide, where Wil Hayward also boarded.

I suspect we will see Reid and Blakey rotating thru the backline again to help out Dawson and McCartin.

Rowbottom and Melican are my likely back into the side for Rampe and Heeney.

OUT for GWS is significant:
    Coniglio
    Davis
    Whitfield
    De boer
    Lloyd
    Kennedy

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Davis as an out has gotta be good for Lance. My recollection is that he has always been a really good match-up against Buddy.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Dylan Stephens was drafted from Norwood, SA. He might be from Mildura but he was boarding sat St Peter's College, Adelaide, where Wil Hayward also boarded.
    Hey I got sent to school in the Balearics, if where you got boarded was a defining factor I'd be posting on Rojo y blanco en lĂ­nea
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 16th April 2021 at 04:55 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I suspect we will see Reid and Blakey rotating thru the backline again to help out Dawson and McCartin.

Rowbottom and Melican are my likely back into the side for Rampe and Heeney.

OUT for GWS is significant:
    Coniglio
    Davis
    Whitfield
    De boer
    Lloyd
    Kennedy
    Most sides have a longer injury list than the Swans at the moment. The Fums will be missing these players more than the Swans will miss Heeney and Rampe, simply because they have more players out.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Hayward and Melican in. In the context of RB likely not being quite ready, these inclusions disrupt out structure least.

Melican and Hayward in. Like for like changes to some extent. Bell is omitted.

Suspended by the MRP
    What is going on with RB

Blakey the cat with nine lives

Why are we bothering with Melican and Hayward when we know what were gonna get from them every time