Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Money Kick (AFL360) and other indicators of winning

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Some truth in that. They physically hammered us including McEvoy belting Jetta. Mummy missed that day.
    I don't like to think, speak, hear or post about the 2014 GF. But I'll say this: Mummy, god love him, would have made no difference THAT day.

Hawthorn produced one of the greatest, most complete games of AFL ever played.

Bar Buddy and Kennedy, we collectively browned our pants from the first minute.

Now, let's never speak of it again.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think both the Swans and GWS were/are better teams with Mummy than without him. He is an intimidating player and a lot more skilled than
    he gets credit for. A pretty handy guy to have in your team.
    Its his longevity thats they key. We had a dominant ruckman, and he's kicked on for almost 10 years after he left, while in the meantime the ruck has been a costly problem for us ever since.

Keeping Mummy would have allowed us to focus trading in other areas, may have seen us win 2016, and may have seen us stay in and around finals since.

Senior Player
    Re Mumford ; we'll never know what could have been. If he'd have stayed then maybe there would wouldn't have been the dollars to
    pay Franklin. And with no Franklin, who knows if we'd even have made the 2016 GF. And re 2016 ; I think when you look at the margins
    and the free kick counts, then the team that were really robbed were GWS in that prelim. Personally I believe we would have beaten
    the Giants in the 2016 GF had we have played them. We would have re grouped after losing that first final at ANZ to them, and they
    would have let off a bit, feeling that just making the GF in their fifth year was achievement enough.
    Five years, multiple online posts, intensive counselling and quite a few drinks, I still haven't moved on. I should I suppose.

Five years, multiple online posts, intensive counselling and quite a few drinks, I still haven't moved on. I should I suppose.
    Never forget. We were robbed.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    We got completely manhandled in 2014. We lost by 10 goals, and it's hard to argue that Mummy would have changed such a significant margin, against such a great team.
    I'll happily argue that Mummy would have made a difference to the way the Hawks manhandled the Swans with impunity and out of that game.

At the very least I'd have been able to avoid typing the words "with impunity"
    Leaving aside his limitations, Shane Mumford is absolutely the single greatest antidote to being manhandled that has played the game (in the 21st century).
    Certainly the Hawks chief thugs in the 2014 GF were far more circumspect in 2012, even with Mummy off the ground.

As for not needing to write "out of that game" - maybe not,
    It's absolutely possible that Mummies inclusion would not have changed the result - but it'd definitely have changed the nature of that result.
    The 2014 grandfinal could have sat alongside the 1945 grandfinal - rather being being the abject humiliation that makes supporters like i'm-uninformed2 proclaim "I don't like to think, speak, hear or post about the 2014 GF."
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 24th April 2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I'll happily argue that Mummy would have made a difference to the way the Hawks manhandled the Swans with impunity and out of that game.

At the very least I'd have been able to avoid typing the words "with impunity"
    Leaving aside his limitations, Shane Mumford is absolutely the single greatest antidote to being manhandled that has played the game (in the 21st century).
    Certainly the Hawks chief thugs in the 2014 GF were far more circumspect in 2012, even with Mummy off the ground.

As for not needing to write "out of that game" - maybe not,
    It's absolutely possible that Mummies inclusion would not have changed the result - but it'd definitely have changed the nature of that result.
    The 2014 grandfinal could have sat alongside the 1945 grandfinal - rather being being the abject humiliation that makes supporters like i'm-uninformed2 proclaim "I don't like to think, speak, hear or post about the 2014 GF."
    Barry Hall a great deterrent as well during this century!

None of us have.

A Swans v GWS Grand final would have been awesome on 2016.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234