Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 5: the other games. Form, it's a mysterious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Up there with "instinctual"
    I presume the noun form is “interpretatation”

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The trading to, or the trading in? Presumably the latter. The trading out is looking like a decent piece of business (albeit slightly sad in the case of Hanners, purely from a sentimental perspective, given he was a warrior for us for several seasons).
    I thought Hanners was the “big fish” the Saints recruited as a demonstration to other potential trade targets.

In that sense it’s been a success.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I thought Hanners was the “big fish” the Saints recruited as a demonstration to other potential trade targets.

In that sense it’s been a success.
    I never understood why the Saints chose to offer Hanners another two years - on the same money, so the media reported - as the three year contract they were taking over from us. Given his injury history that was a pretty significant risk. An option (his option) for an extension if he played a certain number of games might have been smarter. Though I guess that might not have been sufficient to lure him to the Saints.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Maybe it's some kind of new AFL deal? If you have to miss a week because of the concussion rule, you get to be a Channel 7 commentator.
    Or it's a way for Selwood to be paid money outside the salary cap so that Geelong can afford to pay all their recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Or it's a way for Selwood to be paid money outside the salary cap so that Geelong can afford to pay all their recruits.
    Since the AFL doesn't seem to publish any details about third party player payments and the like, we can only imagine what the rorts might be.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    We play the Saints twice in the last 11 rounds, at about the time they're likely to be giving up their season and are starting to play the kids. They could be good for some percentage.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Oh well, looks like Hawthorn will finish the round in 17th. Also handy that Collingwood is 16th.

Veterans List
    Since the AFL doesn't seem to publish any details about third party player payments and the like, we can only imagine what the rorts might be.
    Geelong is often cited as getting players into very lucrative Geelong region property deals, all above board of course, nothing to see here!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well, looks like Hawthorn will finish the round in 17th. Also handy that Collingwood is 16th.
    and how delicious is that, two teams I dislike as much as the Tullamarine Injectors, both Hawks and Pies have key players close to retirement as well. From a personal perspective, excellent that the Crows got beat, at home, by the hapless Freo, that will shut up my locals for this week at least!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Geelong is often cited as getting players into very lucrative Geelong region property deals, all above board of course, nothing to see here!

- - - Updated - - -

and how delicious is that, two teams I dislike as much as the Tullamarine Injectors, both Hawks and Pies have key players close to retirement as well. From a personal perspective, excellent that the Crows got beat, at home, by the hapless Freo, that will shut up my locals for this week at least!
    If we lose, I'm always put in a much cheerier frame of mind, if Hawthorn lose. For a Collingwood loss to be a strong mood enhancer, I generally have to see pictures of Eddie.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I've said it before on here but St Kilda and Carlton are classic examples of clubs trying to play finals to placate their fans. Neither are building a list to win a flag.

They'll at best win a couple of finals over the next couple of years. And then go back to the bottom as poor, middling Melbourne clubs that refused to do the hard things needed to be truly successful.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Collingwood have been fined $20,000 for the Jordan De Goey and Jeremy Howe mobile phone breach. Buckley said De Goey had concussion and "wasn't thinking straight" when he grabbed the phones. So what was Howe's excuse? A hamstring doesn't affect your brain.

And, apparently the AFL warned Collingwood earlier in the season to improve their integrity about phones

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast