Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 6 V Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Just saw Buddy walking in to the SCG. Compression bandage on the right knee and walking a little gingerly.

Would not surprise me if he only played home games for the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was shocked to see Buddy being our designated ruckman a couple of times. Seems a very high risk strategy for such a valuable asset.

Sinkers for Hickey, our only true ruck option, this is the exact reason he is still on the list.

Stephens needs a game for either J mac or Wicks

Rowy walks in if fit, prob for one of the above too

No need doing wholesale changes, we are 1min from 5-0.

Oconnor Riordon etc, who would they displace ? It isnt Lloyd or Harry.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, starting to think Ollie is our barometer

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I was shocked to see Buddy being our designated ruckman a couple of times. Seems a very high risk strategy for such a valuable asset.
    I was listening to the ABC radio coverage of the game, featuring Tadhg Kennelly and Ryan O'Keefe. Tadhg reminisced back to when he was on the coaching staff and how he suggested, that it might be a good idea if Buddy did a bit of the ruck work. Apparently Longmire gave him a very bemused look and questioned Tadhg's grasp of asset management.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Turned out to be a bad call

Senior Player
    Buddy out 3-4 weeks (bone bruising), Hickey probably 6-8 latest guesses:

Franklin sidelined

Now that Buddy is going to be out for a month or more, we can return to team development as the top priority.

I still think we should give McDonald a week off and play McLean and Amartey along with Reid to cover our tall forwards and ruck positions. If we want to play 3 tall forwards we can also add Sinkers, but I'm fine with going a 2 tall forward line as we have a lot of good smaller players who can apply forward pressure and kick goals.

It's far from all doom an gloom. I don't really see us as a premiership side this year, so might as well target 2022 for the time when we've got the players and game plan in place to push to the upper echelons of the ladder.

This season is a very interesting one.

Are we playing to get in the top8 because we have a win loss ratio trajectory so far that might get us there...............and then see what happens? I mean nothing like a finals game to truly prepare the young folk for future success.

Are we in part, managing our youth to keep them healthy but game fit for Snr AFL roles?

No doubt there are so many layers to managing the trajectory and growth edge of a playing group with Top4 GF possibilities in more likely 2022/23/24

immmmm guessing we are giving as much game time to our future finals talent right now.............and simply managing each person on their development plan.

HENCE

Out: Hickey injured maybe Wicks out also

IN: Sinkers and Rowbottom

McInerney for me doesnt have enough real speed and or change of speed for wing long term and I would consider giving Stephens the opportunity to get back in and be ready come finals. I like JMac but maybe he is player 23 or 24 right now vs the upside of Stephens?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Buddy out 3-4 weeks (bone bruising), Hickey probably 6-8 latest guesses:

Franklin sidelined
    Buddy, Heeney, Rampe, Hickey Out for multiple weeks
    Logan, Campbell, Gulden all need rest - may be not all together

Here we go again. The promising season is looking shaky now.
    Suns, Geelong, Melbourne, Collingwood to follow
    We need to try and break even in the next 4.

I think it won't be a bad idea for Blakey to go forward, McInerney and Stephens to do the wing. Mclean, Blakey, Reid, Hayward in forward half will be good enough against Suns.
    Ling can come in to to replace Campbell if he is struggling according to the team management. Or Rowbottom on the wing and McInerney on half back.
    McInerney has attacking mindset and he has long levers too with good kick. I reckon he will be good on the halfback and slid forward to push the ball in forward 50.

I would bring in Sinclair rather than Amartey with Buddy gone.
    We need to win this one.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    This season is a very interesting one.

Are we playing to get in the top8 because we have a win loss ratio trajectory so far that might get us there...............and then see what happens? I mean nothing like a finals game to truly prepare the young folk for future success.

Are we in part, managing our youth to keep them healthy but game fit for Snr AFL roles?

No doubt there are so many layers to managing the trajectory and growth edge of a playing group with Top4 GF possibilities in more likely 2022/23/24

immmmm guessing we are giving as much game time to our future finals talent right now.............and simply managing each person on their development plan.

HENCE

Out: Hickey injured maybe Wicks out also

IN: Sinkers and Rowbottom

McInerney for me doesnt have enough real speed and or change of speed for wing long term and I would consider giving Stephens the opportunity to get back in and be ready come finals. I like JMac but maybe he is player 23 or 24 right now vs the upside of Stephens?
    McInerney was the fastest runner on the ground on the weekend. However, I get your point, straight line running vs repeated sprints and having the same run when defending etc is more important than just getting the fastest run.
    Stephens on the other hand had the more difficult task of coming in quite late in the game but for 17 minutes of game time had 1 contested possession and 1 tackle. He should have covered Josh Kelly on the last goal (as too others).

Suspended by the MRP
    Spewing

Ins
    McLean
    Sinclair
    Brand
    Stephens

Outs
    Franklin
    Hickey
    Melican
    Blakey

Talk of dropping Mcinerney is silly

The talls are dropping like flies! Hope Bud is back soon. Hickey's injury may give Naismith a short window to prove himself in a few weeks time.

Ins
    McLean
    Sinclair
    Stephens
    Rowbottom

Outs
    Franklin
    Hickey
    McDonald
    Campbell

If Campbell and McDonald didn't looked so rooted, I would of happily dropped Blakey. Hasn't offered much this year so far.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast