Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 10: the other games. Who do we draw a line through?

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Richmond are ninth. Back where they belong
    I noticed that. I also noticed how close it was between GWS and Richmond: GWS has scored two more points than Richmond and conceded five fewer. The difference amounts to about 0.7%.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

North Melbourne defeated Hawthorn, who defeated Adelaide, who defeated Geelong and Melbourne, who both defeated Richmond, who defeated Western Bulldogs.

Five jumps from the bottom to the top of the ladder.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    For me, the most interesting non-Swans game is Power v Collingwood. Would love to see Port smash the Pies and give them - and Eddie! - further grief!

With McGuire unsurprisingly resorting to threats and personal insults in the Power prison bar jumper stoush, it would be great to see him suffer!
    Of course, Port smashing the pies would have been great. But a one point heartbreak loss is even better. I’ve been ABC for nearly seventy years. I loved it.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Of course, Port smashing the pies would have been great. But a one point heartbreak loss is even better. I’ve been ABC for nearly seventy years. I loved it.
    You're right! Especially with Collingwood having the lead for most of the match!

Veterans List
    I have absolutely no faith in this league ever getting things totally right on the field or off it. Did they come to the below decision by listening to the FOX commentary? In the article it says the officiating umpire deemed that there was a team mate in the vicinity, so decided on a throw in. The AFL in their 'wisdom' have deemed the player did not make a sufficient effort to keep the ball in play. If they actually watch the bloody replay properly, they will see that the player actually tries to handball in the direction of said team mate and the ball is knocked in the direction of the boundary line by a Melbourne opponent. It's quite plain to see....if you're not bias.

Much like our 'controversial' win over Geelong and this one here, it is a Victorian team on the end of a supposed wrong decision while playing an interstate opponent. There's seem to be a theme here and we've seen it all before. As is long suspected, the AFL are just apologists to the Victorian football public. It makes me sick.

Deliberate: AFL admits error on crucial late Crows-Dees call

I agree Steve.

The rule is "sufficient intent to keep the ball in play". Not "deliberate out of bounds" as the commentators keep saying. Quite different meanings.

Yes, and I find it a touch silly, that they seem keen to pontificate on decisions that were made late in games, but largely ignore many dodgy decisions throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I have absolutely no faith in this league ever getting things totally right on the field or off it. Did they come to the below decision by listening to the FOX commentary? In the article it says the officiating umpire deemed that there was a team mate in the vicinity, so decided on a throw in. The AFL in their 'wisdom' have deemed the player did not make a sufficient effort to keep the ball in play. If they actually watch the bloody replay properly, they will see that the player actually tries to handball in the direction of said team mate and the ball is knocked in the direction of the boundary line by a Melbourne opponent. It's quite plain to see....if you're not bias.

Much like our 'controversial' win over Geelong and this one here, it is a Victorian team on the end of a supposed wrong decision while playing an interstate opponent. There's seem to be a theme here and we've seen it all before. As is long suspected, the AFL are just apologists to the Victorian football public. It makes me sick.

Deliberate: AFL admits error on crucial late Crows-Dees call
    A counterexample.

AFL admits umpiring error in thrilling finish to Cats-Lions game
    Brisbane forward Bailey was not paid a free kick in front of goal in the last minute. Geelong won by one point. AFL admits the free should have been paid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123