Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 14: the other games. They're all other games.

I watched carefully (some of the time!), and the Bulldog 'handball" technique would be hard to pick as "throws" by an umpire - particularly in congestion..

The Bulldog players keep both hands very close together and the disposal is a scoop where it would be very hard to pick whether the second hand is the one that actually propels the ball. The scoop is usually both very accurate and an appropriate force, particularly over short distances. It shows up more readily on camera which is mostly located on a sideline; not where an umpire is positioned.

Throws they are!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Lol Carlton. So pathetic.

They probably have over $2m tied up in Martin, Williams and Saad combined but I’ve had more value out of stale bong water.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Lol Carlton. So pathetic.

They probably have over $2m tied up in Martin, Williams and Saad combined but I’ve had more value out of stale bong water.
    Yeah sheer madness. Toby Green is a grub but he's worth all three combined and I wish he played for us.

Giant very impressive and good to see them smash Carlton. That torp from Green was unbelievable!

Veterans List
    Good weekend so far, the throwing and umpire favourites WB get beat after the siren, Carlton continue to be poo in the midst of a revue. Just need the Injectors to beat the Hawks to complete a satisfying weekend.

Gold Coast are a huge worry for the AFL, just continue to be soft opposition except when we play them! A lot of young talent OOC this year and next, King, Lukocious, Rowell, Anderson, Rankine, etc. If they don't get it together really quickly it will be another round of go homers and back to ground zero. The Vic and SA teams will be squabbling over the talent heading south.

Senior Player
    Dogs losing after the siren is as good as it gets.
    Notice Selwood only got fined. Protected species.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    That torp from Green was unbelievable!
    Simply astounding!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Good weekend so far, the throwing and umpire favourites WB get beat after the siren, Carlton continue to be poo in the midst of a revue. Just need the Injectors to beat the Hawks to complete a satisfying weekend.

Gold Coast are a huge worry for the AFL, just continue to be soft opposition except when we play them! A lot of young talent OOC this year and next, King, Lukocious, Rowell, Anderson, Rankine, etc. If they don't get it together really quickly it will be another round of go homers and back to ground zero. The Vic and SA teams will be squabbling over the talent heading south.
    The Suns have been very insipid lately. To the extent that I can't really see Stewart Dew lasting much longer. During the second and third quarters, the TV coverage was highlighting the pressure ratings of the two sides. Port waivered between very good and elite, while the Suns only occasionally got up to poor. And I doubt if they would have got that far, if it wasn't for the tireless efforts of Touk Miller.

I've seen games this year, where their pressure has been excellent, so I'm not sure why they can't do it now. But I suspect that the Suns management, might be thinking that it has something to do with the coach.

I also feel that Teague is now very insecure at Carlton. I'm sure that many people there, will be totally sick of starting the season feeling confident, only for things to fizzle out without a finals appearance.

Senior Player
    Giant very impressive and good to see them smash Carlton. That torp from Green was unbelievable!
    Certainly was a highlight of the game.

Sometimes you see a game that makes you think "this club/coach has lost its players". Almost no one from Carlton looked like they even wanted to be there last night. I reckon the end is close for Teague.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    The Suns have been very insipid lately. To the extent that I can't really see Stewart Dew lasting much longer. During the second and third quarters, the TV coverage was highlighting the pressure ratings of the two sides. Port waivered between very good and elite, while the Suns only occasionally got up to poor. And I doubt if they would have got that far, if it wasn't for the tireless efforts of Touk Miller.

I've seen games this year, where their pressure has been excellent, so I'm not sure why they can't do it now. But I suspect that the Suns management, might be thinking that it has something to do with the coach.

I also feel that Teague is now very insecure at Carlton. I'm sure that many people there, will be totally sick of starting the season feeling confident, only for things to fizzle out without a finals appearance.
    Touk Miller is a beauty, isn’t he? Never plays a bad game and it’s weird that his example isn’t filtering through. There is something odd at that club right now as they arguably have the most rounded group of young talent since their inception but no collective prowess.

Touk Miller is a beauty, isn’t he? Never plays a bad game and it’s weird that his example isn’t filtering through. There is something odd at that club right now as they arguably have the most rounded group of young talent since their inception but no collective prowess.
    Yes, he's one of my favourite non-Swans players. And in the past, the Suns have almost always had very lengthy injury lists: which was a factor in their poor showings. Now their injury list isn't too bad, so that isn't the obvious reason for their malaise.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Notice Selwood only got fined. Protected species.
    The indiscretions were hardly worth suspension it has to be said.

- - - Updated - - -

An absolute ripper! Brings back memories of me in my heyday!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast