Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 17 Doggies v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    How fantastic if we can be unchanged this week! Stability! It's what these young cygnets need.

AFL.com article "In the Mix" has Rowy coming in for Bell, but i would hope that John Longmire resists that urge and gives Bell another chance. This may well be his last year as a Swan. He was given a chance on Sunday and he grabbed it with both hands. Let's see what he can do with it!

I don't believe that Rowy can't be a part of this team's game plan and the new and exciting way we play. He played in round 1 when we had a spectacular win over the Lions at the Gabba, and he had 11 score involvements that night, which was the most on ground, and 13 contested possessions, which was the most of any Swans mid. THAT Rowy can absolutely be a part of the Swans game when we are flying. Hope to see it back soon. Until then, i'm OK with him being on the sidelines for his own sake.

Final point before I make tea - what do we think the Bulldogs will do with no Naughton? Will they settle on the smaller line up they fielded against North Melbourne? Cody Weightman was fantastic to watch! I was at that game - one of my sons is a Doggies fan - and the way Weightman leads is very clever! Works his opponents over beautifully. He plays like - and LOOKS like - a young Isaac Heeney! Or do we think we might be the poor sods that are dealt Jamarra Ugle-Hagan's debut?

Lots to ponder! Excited to go to this one! Shame about the time slot!

CHEER CHEER!
    He’ll get more chances …I sincerely doubt it’s his last year …he may back it up if he gets picked for Sunday which I hope he does but if he doesn’t it’s part of his learning..theres so many indicators that they rate him and will stick with him for a lot longer than this year …it’s all sort of the learning curve and he’s got some traits that will help him along the way ..I’ll stick with my belief that he just meeds the experience of games and that feeling when you suddenly see the game a little slower around you and you make better choices during the game ..I’ll keep backing him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    He’ll get more chances …I sincerely doubt it’s his last year …he may back it up if he gets picked for Sunday which I hope he does but if he doesn’t it’s part of his learning..theres so many indicators that they rate him and will stick with him for a lot longer than this year …it’s all sort of the learning curve and he’s got some traits that will help him along the way ..I’ll stick with my belief that he just meeds the experience of games and that feeling when you suddenly see the game a little slower around you and you make better choices during the game ..I’ll keep backing him
    I do notice you backed him also I just don’t think it’s his last year

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I do notice you backed him also I just don’t think it’s his last year
    Hi joeykanga,

I hope you are right! I like Belly, good character and you know you will always get 100% effort from him!

He's a fourth-year player now, not quite locked in the 22. Probably loses his spot when The Chad and others return. It could be a Robbie Fox situation last year. He played very well and managed to crack the team but because they had spent so much time on him, maybe they needed to see more than what he showed! So he was delisted! Turned out to be a mistake! and maybe delisting Bell would be too! I was more thinking aloud really. I trust the club will do what's best for the list and for Belly himself!

Hi joeykanga,

I hope you are right! I like Belly, good character and you know you will always get 100% effort from him!

He's a fourth-year player now, not quite locked in the 22. Probably loses his spot when The Chad and others return. It could be a Robbie Fox situation last year. He played very well and managed to crack the team but because they had spent so much time on him, maybe they needed to see more than what he showed! So he was delisted! Turned out to be a mistake! and maybe delisting Bell would be too! I was more thinking aloud really. I trust the club will do what's best for the list and for Belly himself!
    Hi Neón Bible
    I don’t know how to like a reply (is there a feature on here ) so I’ll just say it in words instead

AFL.com article "In the Mix" has Rowy coming in for Bell, but i would hope that John Longmire resists that urge and gives Bell another chance…
    The same scribe had Bell dropped the previous week too. And Sinclair in for Amartey. Happy he was wrong on both counts. Bell could be that player that just gets a role to play & goes about his business.

I don't believe that Rowy can't be a part of this team's game plan and the new and exciting way we play… Hope to see it back soon. Until then, i'm OK with him being on the sidelines for his own sake.
    He will be back. If not this week, then soon.

Final point before I make tea - what do we think the Bulldogs will do with no Naughton?
    Tea? Where are you from? The Flying Bee Gee could've been a handful.

Lots to ponder! Excited to go to this one! Shame about the time slot!
    Rubbish time slot. I reckon that's why we're $3.85 to win. Is that good value?

Veterans List
    Should be a cracking game, really looking forward to it. A real test - probably the best team going around right now with probably the best player going around. Let's see what we're made of!

I agree that this is a good time for us to play the Doggies. We are in form and have close to our best team available. Bring it on!

Hope they go with Mills v The Bont.

Two brilliant footballers playing on each other. Both strong in the air and courageous.

They put Mills on The Bont last year after The Bont had destroyed us in the 1st half. Mills did really well last year doing that job on The Bont.

I think The Bont is just about the best footballer in the AFL. Will take that mantle from Dusty.

I’m hoping in future years that you wil see a couple of Bont v Chad match ups. Will be amazing too watch.

Veterans List
    A short list

Braeden Campbell Shin 1 week
    Lewis Melican Achilles 2-3 weeks
    Sam Naismith ACL Indefinite
    Sam Reid Calf Test
    Chad Warner Shin 1-2 weeks

The injury gods have been relatively kind to us this year! Only two of that list would be likely to make our current best team in the Chad and Reid. Campbell will down the track of course. Melican? Maybe?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A short list

Braeden Campbell Shin 1 week
    Lewis Melican Achilles 2-3 weeks
    Sam Naismith ACL Indefinite
    Sam Reid Calf Test
    Chad Warner Shin 1-2 weeks
    Maybe the full injury list but Ling and Sheather were presumably injured and have not appeared on the list and Ronke missed the VFL last weekend.

I really like the idea of bringing Reid back and playing him in defence, keeping Amartey in. But the big question is who do you bring Reid in for if he's playing as a defender?

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I really like the idea of bringing Reid back and playing him in defence, keeping Amartey in. But the big question is who do you bring Reid in for if he's playing as a defender?
    For Fox’s sake

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast