Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Changes for round 17 Doggies v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    The Bell hyperbole on here has got to ridiculous levels.
    Has it? We’re just having a bit of fun.

I don’t really know if he’s our 22nd best player or the 27th or whatever. & I don’t care. I just like a good story & want every kid on our list to get the opportunities to be the best they can be.

I like that a few on here have gone in to bat for him when others were saying he’s not good enough. Everyone’s entitled to have a say (even if — say, in my case— it’s often from the heart rather than the head).

There can also be a tendency to focus on what a particular player can’t do rather than what they can. I agree that some of the comparisons mentioned have been a bit OTT, but need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Having said that, it can be frustrating that some players don’t seem to get chances that we’d like to see - & former players who’ve moved on - I’d really like to be a fly on the wall in those selection meetings.

Senior Player
    COR is apparently the medical sub

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    The Bell hyperbole on here has got to ridiculous levels.

Nobody wants him to fail, but at best he has shown small glimpses (as Captain stated in a 90 point win), otherwise he has been average to poor at AFL level thus far. The comparisons with Kirk and talk of future captaincy is laughable.

Yes he is young and has the opportunity to develop further, but he would need to improve significantly on his current output if he is to even eek out 50 games at AFL level. Jacob Hiscox was an elite runner as well, but it doesn't necessarily equal a succesful AFL career.

Hopefully he's a future All Australian, Brownlow Medal winning, Premiership captain and you can all bump this thread to show how short sighted I'm being, but I just don't see it at present.
    Great point on the Bell hyperbole. It’s like he’s suddenly Chad.

I see that GWS and GC game still has 10 min left. Will they play the end of this game or the start of the swans v dogs game??

Veterans List
    I'm sitting right on the aisle where the coaches go up and down so if anyone wants me to give them some advice let me know 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I see that GWS and GC game still has 10 min left. Will they play the end of this game or the start of the swans v dogs game??
    Wow. We are aligned. I was thinking the same thing. It’s now 6 min game time v 10 min actual time.

No intro for the Swans.

I don’t think a minute of Swans game time will be missed as the viewing AFL Sydney market has far greater numbers for the Swans than Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Wow. We are aligned. I was thinking the same thing. It’s now 6 min game time v 10 min actual time.

No intro for the Swans.

I don’t think a minute of Swans game time will be missed as the viewing AFL Sydney market has far greater numbers for the Swans than Giants.
    It's 315, its still on. I reckon they'll play it until the Swans/Dogs game starts

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    It's 315, its still on. I reckon they'll play it until the Swans/Dogs game starts
    It’s a one point game 2.30 to go.

Can’t they start Swans game at 3.25pm?

Suns by a point.

Senior Player
    I can see some glimpses with Bell, but I still don’t see him in our full strength best 22

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011