Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 17: the other games. Everywhere but Sydney, even Mars.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Bombers and Crows making a serious bid for worst game of the year. Under the roof of Marvel Stadium with no rain or wind, only 2 goals scored in the first quarter. Both sides completely devoid of intent and imagination.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Bombers and Crows making a serious bid for worst game of the year. Under the roof of Marvel Stadium with no rain or wind, only 2 goals scored in the first quarter. Both sides completely devoid of intent and imagination.
    It's a great advertisement for the code isn't it? Teams are now a combined 2.8.20. Sam Draper had a shot for goal from 25M out and didn't
    make the distance. Things are going well.

Veterans List
    Something very interesting just got said on the Seven telecast of tonights match. Apparently people are already complaining that the Friday night slot was filled with such a crap fixture. They said that it could have been Dogs v Swans.....but, and this is the interesting bit.....the Players Association stepped in and vetoed that because "they didn't want the Bulldogs having two 5 day breaks". I nearly fell off my chair......where were they when we had two 5 day breaks then played a team coming off a bye??? #Fairypups? WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    While I’m sure there is a great amount of protection from the elements, all Marvel Stadium games are currently played with the roof open (due to capacity limits on fully enclosed events).

I got bored with the game pretty early, so I’m not sure it reached any great heights, but it was a good percentage boost to the Bombers. They have a pretty good run at making the finals, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Something very interesting just got said on the Seven telecast of tonights match. Apparently people are already complaining that the Friday night slot was filled with such a crap fixture. They said that it could have been Dogs v Swans.....but, and this is the interesting bit.....the Players Association stepped in and vetoed that because "they didn't want the Bulldogs having two 5 day breaks". I nearly fell off my chair......where were they when we had two 5 day breaks then played a team coming off a bye??? #Fairypups? WTF is going on?
    Weren’t ours 6 day breaks?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Weren’t ours 6 day breaks?
    Yep

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    While I’m sure there is a great amount of protection from the elements, all Marvel Stadium games are currently played with the roof open (due to capacity limits on fully enclosed events).
    Thanks for the correction. The roof being opened might have accounted for the awful skills. Skills aside, the match was still a huge yawn. At one stage, an Adelaide defender took a mark in the back pocket. Seven (7) sideways and backward kicks later, the Crows got the ball over the 50 metre arc. The game was basically unwatchable.

Veterans List
    I'm at the Carlton v Geelong game and every time Henderson touches the ball the Carlton supporters still boo him even though he left years ago. Strange bunch those Carlton supporters....they need to let it go!

Edit: Now they are booing Toohey.
    Last edited by Mel_C; 10th July 2021 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm at the Carlton v Geelong game and every time Henderson touches the ball the Carlton supporters still boo him even though he left years ago. Strange bunch those Carlton supporters....they need to let it go!

Edit: Now they are booing Toohey.
    If GWS fans did that at a Carlton game, it would be almost constant noise.

Senior Player
    Booing is so 20th Century. Players switch clubs so often these days, and clubs ship players out even more regularly.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    This is a terrible game. Carlton love turning it over. No wonder their supporters boo everything because they're so frustrated!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Hipwood has apparently just done an ACL. If so, Brisbane’s flag chances just took a big dive.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast