Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 18 v GWS @ Metricon Stadium Gold Coast, Sun 18 July 6.10pm

I agree Amartey has to stay as second ruck. I don't think Reid is ready yet. It makes it hard to find a spot for young Logan, particularly if the weather is going to be challenging for talls as predicted.

In a reverse of how-it-always-used-to-be, I believe we will beat the Giants on the outside if we can win enough ball. They'll try to dominate us on the inside. Which means we have to win more clearances than we did against the Doggies.

So RB has to come back in, probably at the expense of Bell, with Hewett, Parker etc rotating through the FWD line.

I also agree that GW$ have played way better without Coniglio... Do we know if he'll be captain again? I wonder if he's still got that statue to motivate the troops?

Here's an interesting videos from AFL Exchange titled: Is Sydney a Sleeper in the premiership race?

You won't want to miss these 4 minutes and 19 seconds of incisive analysis about the Swans, as we usually don't get much coverage from this Vic centrist crew.

Is Sydney a sleeper in the premiership race?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Here's an interesting videos from AFL Exchange titled: Is Sydney a Sleeper in the premiership race?

You won't want to miss these 4 minutes and 19 seconds of incisive analysis about the Swans, as we usually don't get much coverage from this Vic centrist crew.

Someone stuffed up with that video didn't they! ffs

LOL!!! Brilliant Ludwig

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    LOL!!! Brilliant Ludwig
    Not so brilliant. I just went out and ordered a hearing aid.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I can see us going in with an unchanged side again and wouldn't be too upset. However, I do keep worrying about Bell long term and so would be happy for him to be replaced by any one of RB, McDonald, Stephens, Campbell, or Warner if they are fit. I know stats don't tell everything but 9 possessions and 27 metres gained is not a great game for JB even with the 1 goal.
    As I said in some thread somewhere, I think we need to get Rowbottom in for his tackling at stoppages. I think he'll come in for Bell.

[Take 2; edit on the phone fail]

Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've walked into the wall again.

What is Vic bias lol

GWS are so strong on the inside so we need to boost our stocks there, especially given our generally below par clearance work. Hence, it makes sense to bring in someone like Rowbottom or Clarke.

I grew up in Ballarat and played on the Mars Stadium ground on several occasions. Back then it was simply known as the North Ballarat home ground. The stadium is located in an area of Ballarat which is quite exposed so its very common to face strong winds there. Generally the wind does not blow straight down the ground but across it. This means there is a defensive side where there are a lot of boundary throw ins and an attacking side that teams tend to favour.

The forecast is for very cold weather and a very high chance of rain. If that is the case, then hopefully this will moderate the worst of the winds. High marking is likely to be very difficult so having strong bodies and running the ball forward will be the key to success. I think that inside bulls like Kennedy and Parker will be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I can see us going in with an unchanged side again and wouldn't be too upset. However, I do keep worrying about Bell long term and so would be happy for him to be replaced by any one of RB, McDonald, Stephens, Campbell, or Warner if they are fit. I know stats don't tell everything but 9 possessions and 27 metres gained is not a great game for JB even with the 1 goal.
    As you said stats don’t tell everything especially when you limit then to certain categories and if you’re only using possessions and metres gained ..
    as well as the goal he had at least one assist , some very important, dominant and important tackles to keep the ball in the forward half and lots of perceived pressure that led to errors from the Dogs as well as covering so much ground in the defensive setup

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    As you said stats don’t tell everything especially when you limit then to certain categories and if you’re only using possessions and metres gained ..
    as well as the goal he had at least one assist , some very important, dominant and important tackles to keep the ball in the forward half and lots of perceived pressure that led to errors from the Dogs as well as covering so much ground in the defensive setup
    What other stats do you want? He had 3 score involvements (only defenders Rampe, Cunningham and Fox had less with 2), he laid 2 tackles for the game, and had 13 pressure acts.

I actually really like the guy and won’t be upset if he retains his spot. He tries his guts out. However, I do think that there are more talented and effective players not in the team who could come in this week. If we were to lose and Bell was to have the same stats, people would be screaming for him to be dropped.

Veterans List
    Bell is the weakest link, surely RB returns to on field action.

Campbell and Reid listed as "test" so may be nice additions to the VFL side, Chad Warner listed as 1 week so almost certain to return through the VFL. Three very good players to strengthen us in coming weeks.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast