Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R21 Against St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    it’s not all in stats for that sort of role though is it?

For instance I think his htb tackle against the giants both got the momentum going our way and unsettled Buddy’s opponent who was going well up to that point.

I think Wicks would be one of the last out of the team unless the coaches thought he was fatigued and needed a spell
    Don’t get me wrong- I like Wicks. Of course he does some good things. My issue with him is that he doesn’t do enough, certainly compared to his earlier games this season. Hence maybe he needs a rest.

Injury Update: Warner's successful return, Naismith's progress (sydneyswans.com.au)

Warner has played his first return match (in the VFL) on Sunday past. He's now ready to play "a full game". I would suggest that he probably needs to have another match in the VFL (or scratch match) before being considered for senior selection.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    ffs just get him in

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Injury Update: Warner's successful return, Naismith's progress (sydneyswans.com.au)

Warner has played his first return match (in the VFL) on Sunday past. He's now ready to play "a full game". I would suggest that he probably needs to have another match in the VFL (or scratch match) before being considered for senior selection.
    I didn't think swans VFL played last week...was this just a scratch match of sorts?

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    ffs just get him in
    I tend to agree. Chads upside is phenomenal, he has so much to offer even if not 100% match fit.

Pushing for Selection
    Yep I think Chad would benefit us in getting a few more centre clearances - has been good for a few each game he has played - especially his explosive runs out of the centre square.

I'm happy to see him have a week more in reserves. Only because I'd hate to see him underdone and get bunged up again and be missing by rushing him back too quickly. Not doubting his value, but prefer we be a little cautious - we should be able to beat St Kilda with or without him to be honest.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm leaning toward bringing in Stephens for Bell, and giving him a hard tagging role on Brad Hill. It's a good matchup and one that Stephens should be able to handle. If he does it well, it will be a big contribution to a winning performance. If not, Stephens will know he needs work on his game to play AFL footy.

The other matchup I hope to see is Hewett on Steele. If we can limit both Steele and Hill, we take away a huge part of the Saints' offense.
    I like this idea. Give him an apprenticeship, accountability and a hard tag all game. I'd like to back in Stephens with a string of games.

Regular in the Side
    Earlier in the year I was very much against bringing Gulden back straight away - first year player, 6 weeks without footy, blah blah. The medical and conditioning staff made exactly the right call then, and I trust them to make the right call regarding Warner. They are clearly the best in the business.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    I didn't think swans VFL played last week...was this just a scratch match of sorts?
    Yes scratch match against Essendon

Senior Player
    Re: Warner's match fitness, if he can contribute > 4 disposals and 1 tackle for the game it will be an upgrade

Veteran Site Admin
    The AFL site reports that Ryder has been ruled out for this weekend's game, and also that Jack Billings has injured a hamstring and so is also out. (Not sure that the latter is necessarily a positive for us.)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast