Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R22 Against North Melbourne

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes to R22 Against North Melbourne

Not too dishearten by that loss; you can't keep winning all the games.

Out: Fox: third quarter, completely free, kicks straight to a Saint, it not the first time
    Stephens: he joins the long list of first round picks who are bust: doesn't anticipate the play, always running after the ball
    Florent: yes i am a total fan, but he has being coasting through a couple of games, and does it far too often

In: anyone, we will make the finals, in the last two games lets finalized the team.

Oh, and partners should be banned: without sex our player were unbeatable, when the partners turns up....
    doof-doof

Outs: Fox Stephens Wicks Rowbottom
    Ins: Melican Campbell McDonald Warner

As Ludwig has mentioned, these last 2 games are a good opportunity to try a few things prior to finals, in particular how he would go being a bit taller at either end and also to get some time into players who in all likelihood be part of our charge in the finals.

If Mills is carrying a chronic Achilles injury, he should be given every opportunity to heel and only come back when he's as fit as possible. Last thing we need is him out of action come finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post

If Mills is carrying a chronic Achilles injury, he should be given every opportunity to heel and only come back when he's as fit as possible. Last thing we need is him out of action come finals.
    As an anaesthetist, pun intended?

Regular in the Side
    In this instance I'm against getting out the axe at selection night. Stephens wasn't great, but he should benefit from some continuity in the seniors - don't you think?
    On the other hand I'd like to get some senior games into Warner and Melican at this stage of the season, so I'm not sure how to square that circle, unless some players are carrying an injury and could do with a week off?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    As an anaesthetist, pun intended?
    Well spotted GS. Seeing if anyone noticed - trust the physio

Senior Player
    Out Stephens
    In Warner

If Mills is fit Rowbottom goes

Pretty straight forward I would've thought

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So, depends on fitness.

If Mills is right, he probably takes Rowbottom's place.
    If Chad is deemed sufficiently returned to full fitness (who know what the curve balls of the past few weeks mean for training blokes back to peak), he probably takes Stephens' spot.

Then, I'd have an instinct to give Wicks a week off. To be clear: come finals, for me, he's definite best 22. His role played well is crucial. But, he has looked a little tired the last couple of weeks, and that's ok, he's a young fella, it'll happen.

It's then a question of: do we try the three tall structure to see, and is it Logan or Amartey? Or do we try Campbell in the role because we're happy with the two tall structure? I can personally see benefits, in a big heat final, of having the extra marking option against elite defences that'll otherwise close in on Buddy, so would be tempted to try the tall pathway.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Outs

Franklin, Wicks, Rowbottom, Stephens, Fox

Ins

Amartey, McDonald, Chad, Campbell, Melican

I’m resting Franklin. Going taller in the forward line by bringing in McDonald for Wicks. Going taller in the backline with Melican for Fox.

Campbell and Chad to improve the midfield from Stephens and Rowbottom.

The five guys coming in are hungry to make the finals team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I’m resting Franklin.
    It is now a really interesting conundrum. Logic might suggest that you rest the players that are irreplaceable. But we have two weeks left before the finals, not one. Neither are particularly important in terms of our ladder position (unless multiple clubs above us implode).

Do you rest Franklin for one, none or both? Does the 1000 goal milestone come into play? Will it be a mental issue if it is there come finals time? Is he capable of kicking 14 in two weeks if the team just fed him the ball anyway?

The other point is that Franklin seems to need a week or two get going after taking time off. Would taking a break upset his rhythm? Does he have much rhythm at the moment anyway?

Does the match committee already know its best 22 (or starting 18) for any given final? Do we risk unsettling the balance of the team by experimenting too much?

I don’t have answers to these questions, but it will be interesting to see what the match committee decide.

Well spotted GS. Seeing if anyone noticed - trust the physio
    I thought it was a Freudian slip. Although as another who is anaesthetically-minded, best stay away from the psych allusions! (That's Allusions, not Illusions!)

As Ludwig has mentioned, these last 2 games are a good opportunity to try a few things prior to finals, in particular how he would go being a bit taller at either end and also to get some time into players who in all likelihood be part of our charge in the finals.

Out - experimentation. Time for this is done. We need stability now on.
    In - Playing players in their best positions. Dawson wing, Gulden half forward, JMac wing, Blakey HB, Hewett midfield.

Replace - Stephens with Warner. Wicks with Campbell.

On notice - Rowbottom - out if Mills fit.

Question - Is Sam Reid providing or will he provide better structure in the finals or Amartey?

Unless forced by injury, we’ve always had minimal changes late in seasons heading into finals, so I’d expect that to continue.

Only players likely to come in now would be those we want in for finals - Warner is the main one for me.

I feel for Stephens - he is as having a go, lacking in confidence though, like if he makes a mistake he’ll be straight back out of the team. We have Florent, McInerney, Blakey et al giving that outside run as well for now.

I’d put a line through Rowbottom for this year, not sure if it’s injury or form but he’s had a disjointed year and is way off the pace at the moment.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast