Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 116

Thread: Round 22: the other games. Have the elimination finals started?

  1. #49
    Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Really want them in as I don't want Essendon to make it!

    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Absolutely! Don't want Essendon in and don't want to play them! However, Eagles are being smacked at the moment by Freo! 5 goals down at quarter time.

  2. #50
    Weagles are looking like crashing out of the finals with Freo on top in the Derby. Giants and Essendon have very winnable games next week while Weagles need to beat Brisbane. Given their talent and experience, the Weagles have significantly under-achieved this season.

  3. #51
    Veterans List dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Weagles are looking like crashing out of the finals with Freo on top in the Derby. Giants and Essendon have very winnable games next week while Weagles need to beat Brisbane. Given their talent and experience, the Weagles have significantly under-achieved this season.
    I like to think that the 92 point thumping that we gave them, traumatised them for rest of the season.

  4. #52
    Veterans List dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    4,962
    That big win by Essendon definitely knocks out St Kilda and almost certainly gets rid of Richmond. For Richmond to get back above Essendon, they need to beat Hawthorn by around 80 points, while Essendon loses to Collingwood by around the same margin.

  5. #53
    WC are playing like 2022 spooners at the moment, and Freo are kicking straight! Things can always change, though.

  6. #54
    Reefer Madness
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in a yellow submarine
    Posts
    2,335
    Blog Entries
    1
    We’re now down to 9, given Richmond are dead on percentage. And GWS and Essendon certainly have the easier draw next week.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

  7. #55
    Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,236
    Presuming they go on to win today, Freo are still in it, aren't they? Highly unlikely but not impossible?

  8. #56
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Presuming they go on to win today, Freo are still in it, aren't they? Highly unlikely but not impossible?
    Yes, they would need to beat St Kilda and Collingwood would need to beat Essendon. Reckon about a one in five chance.
    Twitter: @mattlwood.

  9. #57
    Reefer Madness
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in a yellow submarine
    Posts
    2,335
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Presuming they go on to win today, Freo are still in it, aren't they? Highly unlikely but not impossible?
    Oops. You are correct
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

  10. #58
    A first final against GWS or Essendon will certainly be a good challenge for us. I would slightly prefer to play GWS as Essendon seem so dangerous at present. I wonder where the game will be played and will there be a pre-finals bye? The answer seems to now be no which is disappointing.

  11. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    That big win by Essendon definitely knocks out St Kilda and almost certainly gets rid of Richmond. For Richmond to get back above Essendon, they need to beat Hawthorn by around 80 points, while Essendon loses to Collingwood by around the same margin.
    Just on that match the Gold Coast suns were woeful. Honestly if they beat us next week, as they usually do, they should all hang their heads in shame and forgo their finals position.

  12. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    A first final against GWS or Essendon will certainly be a good challenge for us. I would slightly prefer to play GWS as Essendon seem so dangerous at present. I wonder where the game will be played and will there be a pre-finals bye? The answer seems to now be no which is disappointing.
    What happens if West Coast do manage to come back and win this one and then win the next and they finish seventh
    We finish above them and are meant to get a home final ..would the AFL chase the money and make us give up and have us play the weagles in Perth before a big crowd
    That would be mighty unfair ..I’m presuming we’d also have to quarantine

    I know there’s a lot of water under the bridge frost ..they have to make a comeback today and then do the unthinkable and beat the Lions ..

    Maybe by then the Melbourne lockdown will have finished and some limited crowds can appear in Melbourne some of our great Swans supporters down there ..I’m presuming we’d choose Gmhba stadium

    A lot of ifs

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO