Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 40

Thread: Blakey out for the season

  1. #25
    Senior Player Agent 86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hollywood Forever Memorial Park
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Did we?
    Pretty much, yeah.

  2. #26
    Senior Player Agent 86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hollywood Forever Memorial Park
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well.....obviously not all of us! Are you seriously suggesting we were a real chance for the flag....this year?

    Our improvement this year has been huge and on our day we can beat anyone but we are also inconsistent and prone to concentration lapse's and letting teams get a run of scores, especially in recent weeks. IMO, we're just not quite there yet.
    Yes, we’re about 15:1 chance to win the flag. That’s not saying we have no chance at all, but a long shot.

    The lizard’s been great since returning, but doesn’t mean the odds have changed that much.

  3. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well.....obviously not all of us! Are you seriously suggesting we were a real chance for the flag....this year?
    .
    Absolutely... With a healthy list.

    We are in the unique intersection of exciting youngsters, and wise old years playing well.

    And the flag is wide open this year.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Kennedy is a rod that breaks the camels back.

  4. #28
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Absolutely... With a healthy list.

    We are in the unique intersection of exciting youngsters, and wise old years playing well.

    And the flag is wide open this year.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Kennedy is a rod that breaks the camels back.
    Agree.

  5. #29
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Blaxland
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well.....obviously not all of us! Are you seriously suggesting we were a real chance for the flag....this year?

    Our improvement this year has been huge and on our day we can beat anyone but we are also inconsistent and prone to concentration lapse's and letting teams get a run of scores, especially in recent weeks. IMO, we're just not quite there yet.
    You could possibly mount a few different arguments and they'd all have merit.

    I'd like to think we are still a sneaky chance. There isn't another team in the eight that we should fear. We've either beaten all of them or come close to.

    We've had a much better run with injuries, so overall health is good.

    Also probably no Richmond this year. I don't reckon there is a standout team this year and as we have seen any team can win on its day regardless of ladder position. It's the kind of year where a side from outside the top four can win it. Consistency is the key, particularly within games. Bring the four quarter effort and who knows?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

  6. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    You could possibly mount a few different arguments and they'd all have merit.

    I'd like to think we are still a sneaky chance. There isn't another team in the eight that we should fear. We've either beaten all of them or come close to.

    We've had a much better run with injuries, so overall health is good.

    Also probably no Richmond this year. I don't reckon there is a standout team this year and as we have seen any team can win on its day regardless of ladder position. It's the kind of year where a side from outside the top four can win it. Consistency is the key, particularly within games. Bring the four quarter effort and who knows?
    Agree with this, but I'll add the following. I know this is heretical, (particularly on game day) but I think we've had an okay run with the umpires. We all know how big an influence they can have on games. I think we are in with just as much a legitimate chance as any other team in the eight. I didn't think we would be here at the start of the season, but it's where you want to be.

  7. #31
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    6,061
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    You could possibly mount a few different arguments and they'd all have merit.

    I'd like to think we are still a sneaky chance. There isn't another team in the eight that we should fear. We've either beaten all of them or come close to.

    We've had a much better run with injuries, so overall health is good.

    Also probably no Richmond this year. I don't reckon there is a standout team this year and as we have seen any team can win on its day regardless of ladder position. It's the kind of year where a side from outside the top four can win it. Consistency is the key, particularly within games. Bring the four quarter effort and who knows?
    I agree and I did say we can beat anyone on our day......four weeks in a row though? I just don't think we're quite there yet.....it's just my opinion and I'd be deliriously happy to be proven wrong. I just don't think I will be, 'tis all.

  8. #32
    pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast NSW, Costa Lantana
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Agree with this, but I'll add the following. I know this is heretical, (particularly on game day) but I think we've had an okay run with the umpires. We all know how big an influence they can have on games. I think we are in with just as much a legitimate chance as any other team in the eight. I didn't think we would be here at the start of the season, but it's where you want to be.
    I agree, and I think it has to do with the presence of Razor Ray. Other fans here have also approved of his contribution as a reasonable umpire.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

  9. #33
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    6,061
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I agree, and I think it has to do with the presence of Razor Ray. Other fans here have also approved of his contribution as a reasonable umpire.
    Seems to depend on what mood he's in or what vibe he's getting from the crowd. In their current absence, maybe he is more neutral and fair.

  10. #34
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    5,127
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I agree, and I think it has to do with the presence of Razor Ray. Other fans here have also approved of his contribution as a reasonable umpire.
    Remember the Hawthorn game?

  11. #35
    If we were playing the bulldogs, I'd want Razor Ray umpiring. Any other game, I dont think it matters.

  12. #36
    pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast NSW, Costa Lantana
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Remember the Hawthorn game?
    I tend not to remember games I didn't enjoy! But I'm thinking reasonable, not fantastic.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO