Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 23: the other games. The prelude to finals and the prelude to Mad Monday.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Is it wrong for me to wish that GWS gets beat up against the Blues?
    The way they're playing at the moment, it won't matter. We won't be playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    The way they're playing at the moment, it won't matter. We won't be playing them.
    The bottom two spots of the eight are still open. GWS are not guaranteed of playing finals if they lose. Freo and the Injectors could be in if they both win. It's going to be sour grapes for one of those teams.

At the moment, Giants playing like they'd prefer to play the Poodles next week instead of us..

Veterans List
    Cats have just gone bang! and kicked seven in a row to blow the game open. Dees floundering at the moment.

Carlton beating Giants too. If that pans out as it's progressing, we may yet be playing Essendon next week, should they win tomorrow.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    The bottom two spots of the eight are still open. GWS are not guaranteed of playing finals if they lose. Freo and the Injectors could be in if they both win. It's going to be sour grapes for one of those teams.
    Yes, we might even play Freo next week if they win and Giants lose.....I forgot about Freo. Seriously, if the Giants lose tonight they would have to be known as The Great Pretenders.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes, we might even play Freo next week if they win and Giants lose.....I forgot about Freo. Seriously, if the Giants lose tonight they would have to be known as The Great Pretenders.
    I hope that the Pies get over the Bombers. I'd love to see them not make the cut this year. As for the other two ... some battered bodies please.

There's only a point in it at half time. It's great to see a number of meaningful matches in this round.

I want to play the Giants. I'd rather them than the Bombers. I hate Essendon but I hate the Bulldogs just a little bit more (I'll never forgive the robbery of 2016!) and I think that Essendon can knock off the Dogs as they are a very dangerous opponent on their day.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Just need the Giants to kick away early in the last to seal it and then hope for a couple of injuries/suspensions for a couple of their key players! Yes I'm talking about you Toby... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Just need the Giants to kick away early in the last to seal it and then hope for a couple of injuries/suspensions for a couple of their key players! Yes I'm talking about you Toby... lol.

i'm with you Troy. Would much rather play the Giants next week!

Boy's Own stuff from Max Gawn. Goal after the siren to deliver Melbourne’s first minor premiership since 1964.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Boy's Own stuff from Max Gawn. Goal after the siren to deliver Melbourne’s first minor premiership since 1964.
    Probably the last person they'd want to take that kick in that situation!

He was magnificent and so were the Dees! If it's not us on top of the ladder, I'm glad it's them!

Is there something wrong with me that my enjoyment of the Poodles demotion from the top 4 is heightened by the possibility that an officiating error may have contributed to it?

AFL news 2021: Timekeeping error, clock countdown in Brisbane Lions win over West Coast Eagles

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast