Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Finals Week 1; the other games. Tasmania, home of football!

Veterans List
    Four frees to nil so far in the last quarter....all to the Dogs. 19-12 now....it's nauseating!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I hope the Dogs get some late injuries, starting with Easton Wood.
    +1

Cody weightman doing a hammy would be good

Veterans List
    Wow, it has to be said, the Bombers have been deplorable in the second half. 4 behinds.....go Lions next week! Smash these pups.

Make that 5 behinds. Shocking.

Bombers were second to the ball at the majority of contests .

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Didn't realize that it was 2004 when the Injectors last won a final. The only other club that hasn't won a final in that time is Gold Coast.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Bombers were second to the ball at the majority of contests .
    Love it.....Dogs fans 'fall back' excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Did you hear one of the commentators complimenting Weightman for raising his arm when tackled so the tacklers arm slides up
    and Weightman gets head high free kick (ala Joel Selwood)?.
    It was that Johnson bloke from Brisbane. He accidentally let out the worst kept secret among footy players.

I know the AFL love changing the rules. Just make 'raising the arm in a tackle' a penalty. Selwood's career would be over.

Veterans List
    On the Fairypups, Titus nails it again:

"While the Bombers couldn’t kick goals at all after halftime, the umpires were functioning beautifully up forward for the Doggies, booting five."

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/the-...s-week-one2021

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

"While the Bombers couldn’t kick goals at all after halftime, the umpires were functioning beautifully up forward for the Doggies, booting five."

The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: Finals Week One - Titus O'Reily | Don’t have faith in yourself
    As always, Titus makes some enjoyable observations - this part in particular made me chuckle:

"As for the Giants, they got lucky in this one, but they unearthed some new talent in the form of Tim Toronto (that’s what BT called him so I assume it’s a new player).

Remember when getting players names right was a basic requirement of commentating?

Aren’t we fortunate that correct names have been replaced by annoying theatrics, blokey mateship and talking over Daisy Pearce because she’s making too much sense and making everyone else look bad?"

So, so true!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    As always, Titus makes some enjoyable observations - this part in particular made me chuckle:

"As for the Giants, they got lucky in this one, but they unearthed some new talent in the form of Tim Toronto (that’s what BT called him so I assume it’s a new player).

Remember when getting players names right was a basic requirement of commentating?

Aren’t we fortunate that correct names have been replaced by annoying theatrics, blokey mateship and talking over Daisy Pearce because she’s making too much sense and making everyone else look bad?"

So, so true!
    Jesus, how long has Taranto been around? What, four, five seasons by now. Good enough to win a club B & F. Taylor lost me when he
    started making fun of players names. Some of these guys just don't have the decency to retire gracefully and go off and get a job as a
    used car salesman or whatever.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: Finals Week One - Titus O'Reily | Don’t have faith in yourself
    Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

So, so true!
    I do like Daisy as a commentator. Especially her ability to provide insight into tactics, that I, and probably her fellow commentators, are unaware of.

In regards to Taylor and Taranto, I suspect that he's mispronouncing it, because he thinks it's funny. Much like the way he seems to think that "Llllooooyyydddd!" is somehow funny. Whereas most of the audience probably think, that if something isn't funny at first, then it doesn't get any funnier after 100 or 200 repeats.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415