Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bob Skilton Medal

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    My issue with Florent is not what he is, but what he could be and isn’t.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    I find it a bit concerning the first and third in The Best and Fairest well clearly deserved are not currently signed to the club
    I suspect that makes a lot of us.

Congrats to Lukey, fantastic player and clubman, very richly deserved in a difficult year. His acceptance speech didn't sound like a bloke heading anywhere but back to the SCG next year - let's hope that's how it works out!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    My issue with Florent is not what he is, but what he could be and isn’t.
    My issue with him is what he is , a garbage user of the ball and dumb as rocks ! Lucky he is quick or he would be a total liability

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The big surprise for me in was Florent getting in the top 10.

Congrats to Colin for winning best clubman.
    The fact that he played every game would have boosted his tally. And there were a few good games amongst them. Parker, Dawson and Papley were the other three who played every game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I was saying that to goswannette as we watched. But then I thought back to Tom Mitchell telling AnnieH at the B&F the year that he left that he was going nowhere. I guess (devil’s advocate) what might we expect them to say during their speeches? They have both said they want to stay at various times, but wanting to and getting the deals done are two different things.
    Perhaps he was a little bit scared of Annie?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Neither of them sounded like they want to go elsewhere...

The top 10, for anyone who missed it:

Parker
    Lloyd
    Dawson
    Papley
    Mills
    Hickey
    Heeney
    McInerney
    Florent
    Franklin

It would be good if they published the full scores (and places beyond 10). As someone commented earlier in the week, there were probably players filling the 11-15 spots who wouldn't have been out of place in the top 10.
    I think we were all pretty successful in our predictions. Not close enough to claim amazing psychic powers, but with a degree of accuracy that demonstrates we've been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    My issue with him is what he is , a garbage user of the ball and dumb as rocks ! Lucky he is quick or he would be a total liability
    TB, this is where you get yourself into trouble! We have been over this!! It is not the message but in the delivery!

I believe many would agree with you that Florent's ball use and decision making can be frustrating, and a major weakness of his that he needs to improve on.. but "garbage" and "dumb as rocks" are inflammatory and quite denigrating.. it is jarring to hear such terms on an online forum meant for discussing footy...

I believe you mean well but from now on.. for your sake more than anyone else's just to stop rubbing people the wrong way.. re-read your comments before you post, and think.. is there a more gentle way I can put this? I think we would all appreciate it and enjoy your contributions a lot more

Congratulations to captain Luke!! I think it was last week i said that watching him this year i was starting to get the same feeling i got watching Paul Kelly.. who morphed into a wonderful leader and a brilliant player before our eyes! Parks is now one Skilton Medal away from Kelly!! And he is just 28! Would not count him winning another at least in his career!

Fantastic to also see so many others recognised - Lloyd & Dawson for magnificent consistent seasons.. i know Dawson played up the ground later in the season, but i couldn't help but notice both our half backs polled so well in the eyes of the coaches.. very indicative of how highly they rate our rebounding drive from defence!

Well deserved awards for Juzzy, Colin and young Errol (who won double tonight being recognised by the AFLPA!)

What a fantastic showing for our boys this year!! To cap off a fantastic season!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Well done to Gulden winning AFLPA best first year player award.
    And the voting was pretty comprehensive.

Errol Gulden (299)
    Nikolas Cox (139)
    Riley Thilthorpe (56)
    Tom Powell (27)
    Tom Highmore (26)

Cue another dose of outrage, about us getting him as an academy selection at pick 32.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And the voting was pretty comprehensive.

Errol Gulden (299)
    Nikolas Cox (139)
    Riley Thilthorpe (56)
    Tom Powell (27)
    Tom Highmore (26)

Cue another dose of outrage, about us getting him as an academy selection at pick 32.
    Whatevs. The other teams had their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Whatevs. The other teams had their chance.
    30 chances.

Senior Player
    I was curious:

Top 10, reordered according to points per game (BSM position in brackets)

1. Mills (26.3) (5)
    2. Parker (23.6) (1)
    3. Lloyd (22.9) (2)
    4. Dawson (21.8) (3)
    5. Tom Hickey (21.1) (6)
    6. Tom Papley (20.9) (4)
    7. Isaac Heeney (20.8) (7)
    8. Lance Franklin (19.5) (10)
    9. Justin McInerney (18.2) (8)
    10. Oliver Florent (15.6) (9)

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    TB, this is where you get yourself into trouble! We have been over this!! It is not the message but in the delivery!

I believe many would agree with you that Florent's ball use and decision making can be frustrating, and a major weakness of his that he needs to improve on.. but "garbage" and "dumb as rocks" are inflammatory and quite denigrating.. it is jarring to hear such terms on an online forum meant for discussing footy...

I believe you mean well but from now on.. for your sake more than anyone else's just to stop rubbing people the wrong way.. re-read your comments before you post, and think.. is there a more gentle way I can put this? I think we would all appreciate it and enjoy your contributions a lot more
    Is Rowbottom now spelled with a silent Florent at the start?

I just can’t understand the apparent disproportionate vitriolic anger at someone finishing top 10 in a club B&F. Anger issues of Toby Greene proportions

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast