Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 3. Once upon a time, I actually quite liked the Bulldogs.

Senior Player
    That makes me wonder, does Bitcoin count in the salary cap?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpin de Torpe View Post
    I'm genuinely disappointed Kochie wasn't allowed to be there to watch this live.
    Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    hope to god the demons thrash em. hate dogs since 2016, when the umps and afl started their love affair.
    The Dees will be the sentimental favourites & I hope they get the job done. The Vic media will be creaming all over them for the next 2 weeks, however, (they just don’t seem to have much imagination) by which point I might just find myself going for the doggies just to spoil their storyline.

I can’t hate on the dogs too much & was extremely happy to see them give Port a smacking. Dogs supporters might be feral, but Port fans are not a kindly bunch either - I could not handle them relieving us of (maybe) 2 of my favourite players in 2 years AND being premiers.

Let’s get over 2016 as it’s getting stale (difficult, I know - as I still get pretty annoyed when I think of that day). Plenty other things to hate on.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    We can only hope that one or more grow to deliver similar performances when we next play finals.
    Having said that Smith was pretty good last night almost a Dusty like performance and still only 20 years old. I think if we are to have one of our players step up to that level I reckon it’s possibly going to be the Chad.
    Sorry i am going further and saying Jmac and Errol can get to that level too . Call me optimistic but they are fantastic young players who will change games

Veterans List
    I don't know if I can handle 2 weeks of the "all Melbourne Grand Final " narrative. It's already becoming nauseating.

And I'm sick of hearing how the poor Bulldogs have had to travel all over Australia.

I'm also over Beveridge whining during every press conference.

Sorry for being negative!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I don't know if I can handle 2 weeks of the "all Melbourne Grand Final " narrative. It's already becoming nauseating.

And I'm sick of hearing how the poor Bulldogs have had to travel all over Australia.

I'm also over Beveridge whining during every press conference.

Sorry for being negative!
    I'm feeling similar. I have gone and deleted all the AFL podcasts I usually subscribe too. RWO will most likely be the only footy site I visit for a while.
    I guess, for me, the footy season is over. I'm hoping the surfing world titles will be running today
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I'm feeling similar. I have gone and deleted all the AFL podcasts I usually subscribe too. RWO will most likely be the only footy site I visit for a while.
    I guess, for me, the footy season is over. I'm hoping the surfing world titles will be running today
    As a Saints fan, I'm enjoying the NFL season, so far. Giving the Packers an unexpected belting in week 1.

Senior Player
    I enjoyed this summary of the prelims.

AFL fans play the waiting game before all-Melbourne grand final in Perth

Some fun quotes, for example:

The Port fans raised their scarves, belted out some INXS, dabbed their eyes, adjusted their settings to ‘boo’, and prepared to progress to a Grand Final.
    and:

He made his opponent Rhys Stanley, who Nick Riewoldt once described as the most naturally gifted athlete he’d ever seen in football, look like he’d just been rescued from the surf
    Last edited by neilfws; 13th September 2021 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    goswannette and I are re-living the 2005 finals series this September on DVD.

2005 was before we got together and before she followed footy in any way, so she hasn’t actually witnessed the euphoria of that magical finals series.

We break out the Swans mugs, crockery and footy snacks and settle in each weekend for a final. Just had the pleasure of Nick Davis coming to save us!

For the 2005 Grand Final, I’ve got the Record for her, made her a copy of a ticket for admission and I’ll decorate the living room with some of my Swans gear for atmosphere … but we’ve gotta get over the Saints first this weekend!

Senior Player
    Great win by Medvedev in the US Open. The Djoker is hard to love but I was kinda hoping he'd win and get the grand Slam.

I’m trying to put memories of 2016 behind- the current Doggies team doesn’t seem to have any weaknesses. They have assembled a very skilful group of players: just look at Bailey Smith! Full credit to the recruiters and coaching staff.

They and the Dees are clearly the 2 best teams this year and it’s a comfort to know we can beat them both when on our game.

Both teams have excellent midfielders but the pups look a bit stronger up front. I was impressed by the pressure they applied to Port and always had more players wherever the ball went and teamed well. The same can be said about the Dees against the veterans. So this should be a great and hopefully close GF- slightly leaning to the pups if as expected they receive a bit of help from the usual suspects. Dees sentimental favs, so you never know!

Dogs still have the weaknesses they had 4 weeks ago. A ruck problem. Stephan Martin is very unlikely to be able to back up his performance 2nd week back. And Max Gawn is the ultimate ruckman.
    Lack of multiple key forward targets. Its still Aaron Norton or bust. Lever and May should have a field day.
    And lack of key defenders.

Melbounre seem the more rounded team with players of size and skill in every area.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast