Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R1 22 2022 - Bring it on

Veterans List
    I can thoroughly recommend re watching our winning games from this season, I'm getting excited all over again about our potential, exciting times :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I can thoroughly recommend re watching our winning games from this season, I'm getting excited all over again about our potential, exciting times :-)
    I'm doing exactly the same thing! I'm limiting myself one quarter per day. On footy rations.

That sounds like good therapy, gang. I must try it!

Fox footy had a good summary of our premiership window. It went something like this.
    2022 - A smokey. If Buddy can stay fit and impact, and young'n continue upward trend, and we can cover for Dawson.
    Otherwise the window opens up 2025-2027 when the next generation kick in. Maybe earlier if we use the cap space from Buddy to target an established star.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Wicks played every game in 2021 as a 21 year old. I think that was a great effort and reflects his value to the side in the eyes of our coaches. I think he will continue to improve on the offensive side of his game (including goal kicking I hope!) and I am very glad that he re-signed.
    A few things were mentioned about Wicks' defensive game, not by you but the chap you answered. He was very effective I think. In Fact he was not effective against teams who have two fast defenders giving them drive. Why? Because opposition targeted Papley. It started with Essendon. They stuck Hind on Paps. Wicks took Guelfi which was probably a mistake.

Paps, while a great small forward, goal kicker and attacking beast, is not the best defensive player in the comp. He used to be great but some of his efforts in the last few years have been extremely lazy. Opposition coaches have noticed and now they play their most dangerous attacking weapon at HB on him to run off and create. In the Essendon game Wicks was literally chasing two blokes.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123