Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R1 22 2022 - Bring it on

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    If you are referring to Bell, then I agree with you as he was given a run of games which were deserved, but unfortunately couldn’t grasp the opportunity with both hands. Stephens? Had to be given a few games.

However if you also had you know who in mind, let’s see how he goes in pre- season and if regains full fitness. Unfair to judge otherwise as the potential is there but you may turn out to be right- time will tell, but don’t write him off just yet!

Can’t think of anyone else, so that’s not too shabby!
    Im not writing anyone off i am saying there are players with star potential and those without it . You need solid players like Mclean Bell Rowbottom Wicks on the list but they shouldnt be in the team over the talented ones with star potential , Campbell Mcdonald Stephens Sheather need to be the priorities more next yr and i bet they will be

Oh no - another summer of qualitative fluff ball analysis coming up is it
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Oh no - another summer of qualitative fluff ball analysis coming up is it
    What else can we do mcs

I'm really excited to see what Ladhams brings for us. I thought McLean was great this year, but he doesn't yet provide an adequate chop out in the ruck.
    We will have a high quality ruck with a very good relief - something I don't think we've had since Mummy and Pyke.

And 3 regular quality talls in the forward line. With Hayward and Heeney able to stretch defences even further.

However, we need Wicks in the team. He's the only forward who plays defensively. In modern footy this is essential to curb the running half backs.

In the back half, can we play all 3 of Cunningham, Lloyd and Campbell in the one unit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    I'm really excited to see what Ladhams brings for us. I thought McLean was great this year, but he doesn't yet provide an adequate chop out in the ruck.
    We will have a high quality ruck with a very good relief - something I don't think we've had since Mummy and Pyke.

And 3 regular quality talls in the forward line. With Hayward and Heeney able to stretch defences even further.

However, we need Wicks in the team. He's the only forward who plays defensively. In modern footy this is essential to curb the running half backs.

In the back half, can we play all 3 of Cunningham, Lloyd and Campbell in the one unit?
    Also Paps in the forward line! Not so sure if we need Wicks, based on his games towards the latter part of the year. If his role was to curb the running half backs, I don’t think he did this very well. I think he needs to improve his game and goal kicking to earn his place in the team. I guess I’m not a fan based on his current form but I don’t want to write him off as he can play a valuable role and contribute to the team.

Regarding Campbell- please play him in midfield, Horse. That’s his natural position and we have players like COR and others for the backline.

Buddy, Ladhams and Logan our 3 talls upfront, with McLean and Amartey as back up. Depending who else we move as a tall down back- could be Paddy if we get him, or Sammy-at some stage we need to try Gould and O’Connor.

I think Blakey can cover Dawso’s loss and whilst preferred to still have him with us, I think by gaining Ladhams we have actually strengthened our team, provided he can play his role for us. Should be good for a goal or two per game and give big Tom a rest as needed. With incremental improvement of our youngsters to be expected, we should be playing really exciting football in 2022 and beyond. A great time to be a supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Im not writing anyone off i am saying there are players with star potential and those without it . You need solid players like Mclean Bell Rowbottom Wicks on the list but they shouldnt be in the team over the talented ones with star potential , Campbell Mcdonald Stephens Sheather need to be the priorities more next yr and i bet they will be
    I don’t know if you are having a laugh, but….Rowbottom has serious star potential. Don’t bother replying with your “reasons,” I’ve been reading them all year. Watch his highlight reel from 2020. Seriously good.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    I don’t know if you are having a laugh, but….Rowbottom has serious star potential. Don’t bother replying with your “reasons,” I’ve been reading them all year. Watch his highlight reel from 2020. Seriously good.
    Not having a laugh , thats my opinion , you have yours , we move on

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I knew you would say drop Rowbottom for Wicks but I understand your reasoning.
    Re PMac, yes he's not in yet and may not be. If not, Fox, Melican, Gould or BOC with left field options of Amartey or Reid. The third key defender is definitely a very open position.
    Wicks played every game in 2021 as a 21 year old. I think that was a great effort and reflects his value to the side in the eyes of our coaches. I think he will continue to improve on the offensive side of his game (including goal kicking I hope!) and I am very glad that he re-signed.

Senior Player
    I can NOT take another season of one player being torn down relentlessly by one contributor. Please do not start it again

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I can NOT take another season of one player being torn down relentlessly by one contributor. Please do not start it again
    Amen to that. We are supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Amen to that. We are supporters.
    Halleluiah, positive team play!

I'm on board!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast